LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
post pics of candy and candy base coats...whats the difference in looks, how ez they r to spray, and cost

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
** "KBC" are about 1/2 the price.... You need to spray less coats to cover & touch ups can be difficult as well.... Take down notes as you paint like: room temp, overlap, pattern, coats,adjustments on your gun ,ect -- You never know what might happen.....KBC's are real kandys that are mixed with select pearls that allow you to spray less coats for coverage... i use them alot & I also mix my own kandys as I go.....

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I would say -- they are in a way..... you still have to overlap & watch your painting just like a full kandi ... but , you need less coats of paint---- 3coats vs. 5 for kandy ......Thats the average coverage .........less $$$ too..

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
lemmie get this straight.... if i use a silver base and go over it with candy apple red.. thats consdered a candy..?

but if i use a magenta base and cover it with the same candy apple red.. thats a kbc???

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Originally posted by 77monte4pumps@Nov 11 2003, 01:49 PM
lemmie get this straight.... if i use a silver base and go over it with candy apple red.. thats consdered a candy..?

but if i use a magenta base and cover it with the same candy apple red.. thats a kbc???
No. KBC's are just what SS said. They are candys mixed with certain pearls that cut down slightly on coats and cost.

A magenta base with candy apple red over it is candy. A candy is simply a semi transparent paint applied over a chosen base coat. A lot of veteranos will tell you that candy has to have a silver or gold base to be true candy, but whatever you want to do, do it.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by locomaz+Nov 11 2003, 04:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (locomaz @ Nov 11 2003, 04:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--77monte4pumps@Nov 11 2003, 01:49 PM

No. KBC's are just what SS said. They are candys mixed with certain pearls that cut down slightly on coats and cost.

A magenta base with candy apple red over it is candy. A candy is simply a semi transparent paint applied over a chosen base coat. A lot of veteranos will tell you that candy has to have a silver or gold base to be true candy, but whatever you want to do, do it.[/b][/quote]
okay man thanks for clearin that up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts