1 rear bumper
2 tail light bezels
3 torque converters
2 transmissions
1 waterpump
2 radiators
countless tires
3 sets of rims
miles of brake line ( pretty much all of it)
1 trunklid ( in the works )
1 new set of seats front and back
all kinds of different pieces of exhaust pipe
atleast 10 hoses
like 4 motors ( 2 of them the good prestolite banded ones )
8 batterys

a few days ago, i burned out my tranny on account of my tailshaft seal came out and my tranny fluid leaked out on the highway blowing out 3rd and 4th gear.

but to tell you the truth, i still wouldnt sell my car, is that stupid of me? i just dont want to get rid of it, i figure, why buy another car and have shit go wrong with it, when i can work on this car with a blindfold and get parts for cheap for it.

how many of you gave up on your shit and just got something new?

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Sounds like you should get a new car, my 93 fleetwood had hydraulics on it for 4 years put about 40,000 miles on it replaced 2 front motors one pumphead and changed my water pump once, it had 3 pumps 10 batts.

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mines a 88 and ive had it for about 4 years, but its my daily driver, and i drove it to caifronia from connecticut, plus i drove it all over the west coast, and now i drive it all over the east coast again... the car doesnt owe me shit. but i just would hate to get rid of it due to its sentimental value.... and i could never get what i put into it...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Originally posted by pimpoldscutlass81@Oct 4 2007, 07:32 PM~8935377
mines a 88 and ive had it for about 4 years, but its my daily driver, and i drove it to caifronia from connecticut, plus i drove it all over the west coast, and now i drive it all over the east coast again... the car doesnt owe me shit. but i just would hate to get rid of it due to its sentimental value.... and i could never get what i put into it...
Keep it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I HAD A 96' LINCOLN...WITH 3 PUMPS 4 BATTERIES

I WENT THRU

- SET OF REAR CYLINDERS
- COUNTLESS TIRES
- ABOUT 4 MOTORS
- CHECK VALVES
- 2 PUMP HEADS
- COUNTLESS SEALS
- NEW CARPET
- NO A/C
- 1 SWITCH BOX
- DOOR HINGES
-

CANT THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE...BUT I GOT TIRED OF NO HAVIN MONEY TO KEEP FIXING IT...IT WAS MY DAILY DRIVER...SO I GOT RID OF IT N GOT A 93 LAC...THEN I GOT RID OF THAT AND GOT ANOTHER LAC WITH JUICE...

JUST CANT BE WITHOUT IT :cool:

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hah i forgot to add that i went through 3 switch boxes

3 sets of 14" cylinders

and the car never had a/c especially when i needed it the most, the 130 degree summers in cali...

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I've had my Monte for 16 years now everything imaginable has been changed on that car but i can't even imagine getting rid of it, to much time and money invested ;)

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Originally posted by pimpoldscutlass81@Oct 5 2007, 03:05 AM~8934067
i have gone through

1 driveshaft
1 rear end
3 rotors
4 calipers
1 rear bumper
2 tail light bezels
3 torque converters
2 transmissions
1 waterpump
2 radiators
countless tires
3 sets of rims
atleast 10 hoses
8 batterys
a few days ago, i burned out my tranny on account of my tailshaft seal came out and my tranny fluid leaked out on the highway blowing out 3rd and 4th gear.

but to tell you the truth, i still wouldnt sell my car, is that stupid of me? i just dont want to get rid of it, i figure, why buy another car and have shit go wrong with it, when i can work on this car with a blindfold and get parts for cheap for it.

there are like only 4-5 things named here, that are factored because it is a lowrider. the rest seem to just mechanical stuff, that could be a issue with any everyday car

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
Man i just sell them once i get them done. I get bored easy and i would keep changing it up. So why not just build a whole new car instead of doing the same shit twice? Then each one is better than the previous one.

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Originally posted by GYNX718@Oct 5 2007, 12:40 AM~8936567
I HAD A 96' LINCOLN...WITH 3 PUMPS 4 BATTERIES

I WENT THRU

- SET OF REAR CYLINDERS
- COUNTLESS TIRES
- ABOUT 4 MOTORS
- CHECK VALVES
- 2 PUMP HEADS
- COUNTLESS SEALS
- NEW CARPET
- NO A/C
- 1 SWITCH BOX
- DOOR HINGES
-

CANT THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE...BUT I GOT TIRED OF NO HAVIN MONEY TO KEEP FIXING IT...IT WAS MY DAILY DRIVER...SO I GOT RID OF IT N GOT A 93 LAC...THEN I GOT RID OF THAT AND GOT ANOTHER LAC WITH JUICE...

JUST CANT BE WITHOUT IT :cool:

wtf......

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Originally posted by Big Doe@Oct 5 2007, 09:11 AM~8937577
Man i just sell them once i get them done. I get bored easy and i would keep changing it up. So why not just build a whole new car instead of doing the same shit twice? Then each one is better than the previous one.
:cool:

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Originally posted by 509Rider@Oct 4 2007, 09:17 PM~8934656
Sounds like you should get a new car, my 93 fleetwood had hydraulics on it for 4 years put about 40,000 miles on it replaced  2 front motors one pumphead and changed my water pump once, it had 3 pumps 10 batts.
I loved the shit out of my 94...still love those damn cars....but I finally got rid of it because it seems like those damn cars are just not "lowrider friendly"......or at least "Me friendly".
On mine I had to replace three sets of rear cylinders (with and without a c-channel).....the damn windshield wipers started blowing fuses everytime I tried to use the washer fluid....the factory CD player quit reading CDs.....the Fuel pump went out.....the gas lines got pinched had to replace the whole rear lines....the rear chrome moldings flew off due to hopping and got all scratched up....the spark plug wires rotted through.........replaced ignition module.....replaced ignition coil...replaced the computer...........................
Not to mention the final straw which led to the sale of the car.....the damn Optispark went out TWICE in 6 months.
Now I know a lot of these things were things tha thappen to normal cars...but this car was prefect till about 4 months of hydro action. Then shit ran down hill FAST.
That and the fact that where I live the parts for these cars are BIG BUCKS..finally led to me just saying "screw it".

·
Registered
890 Posts
Originally posted by pimpoldscutlass81@Oct 4 2007, 07:05 PM~8934067
i have gone through

1 driveshaft
1 rear end
3 rotors
4 calipers
1 rear bumper
2 tail light bezels
3 torque converters
2 transmissions
1 waterpump
2 radiators
countless tires
3 sets of rims
atleast 10 hoses
8 batterys

I hate 2 b rude but ur shit is a bucket!! park it n do everything u have 2 do 2 it so u could have a clean ride :cool:

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Crenshaw's Finest@Oct 5 2007, 05:37 PM~8939975
Don't abuse your cars and you'll be okay. Make sure you spend money on mechanical parts equally to cosmetics.

thats what i been doin for about 4 years now, i buy some cosmetic here and there and some parts here and there, all that shit on my list didnt happen in one day.

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by 100 spokes@Oct 5 2007, 02:10 PM~8938779
I hate 2 b rude but ur shit is a bucket!! park it n do everything u have 2 do 2 it so u could have a clean ride  :cool:

:uh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts