LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most that I can extend my upper trailing arms and also what is the most I can shorten my driveshaft without having problems laying the car out or raising it up and trying to drive? We are talking about a G-body

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
ive herd most people extend the upper 1 inch and shorten the drive shaft 1 inch if you got more the shaft might fall out :biggrin:

O

·
0 Posts
just measure to find out how long your drive shaft needs to be! then it will be the perfect length ;)

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
I have done a Cutlass with 2" uppers and 1" lowers and it drove fine about half way up, just made noises all the way down and all the way up!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tim, did you shorten the shaft any on it? Ok you do have a point about measuring it. ;) What is the most that I can extend the uppers without messing up the angle or being counterproductive?

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by S10lifted@Dec 26 2003, 07:06 PM
Tim, did you shorten the shaft any on it? Ok you do have a point about measuring it. ;) What is the most that I can extend the uppers without messing up the angle or being counterproductive?
No shortening!!! If you shorten it too much it will fall out all the way down! ;) :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts