LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that really tight, clean look. i have done fabrics and some looser leather ones but i mean new leather thats still firm etc. just trying to learn thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my bad interrior wise i want the leather to be really firm and tight this is my same car just not mine and im gonna do the same thing just bought it a couple days ago now time to put in some work on it its a 97 caddilac catera with 77k miles

·
Registered
718 Posts
I would buy already loaded headrest and then re-wrap them to the color of your interior! Thats what I did,, then if you sell the car you can put back in the stock headrest.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by jonjay206@Feb 23 2010, 02:36 PM~16701746
I would buy already loaded headrest and then re-wrap them to the color of your interior!  Thats what I did,, then if you sell the car you can put back in the stock headrest.
ya but im not tryin to rewrap might dye them tho with sem?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Originally posted by ILUVMY82@Feb 21 2010, 08:36 PM~16681072
that really tight, clean look. i have done fabrics and some looser leather ones but i mean new leather thats still firm etc. just trying to learn thanks in advance.
you can steam the leather, that will make it easier to work with.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:cheesy: thanks ya thats a idea i just want them to remain firm and tight

·
PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
3,112 Posts
i guess the only advice i can give u is when u cut the headrest and start ripping foam out test fit as u go so u can have the fit ur looking for...the material goes tucked between the tv and headrest bracket so i dont see how it will not remain tight and firm unless u remove too much foam/padding or cut the the material slightly larger than needed

also another tip: i usually use spray glue to the material and then press the tv in the bracket for a firm and tight fit and most of the time u can screw the headrest bracket to a plastic or metal support inside the headrest itself to assure a clean install and have no issues

·
Registered
11,295 Posts
Originally posted by orientalmontecarlo@Feb 26 2010, 03:04 AM~16731128
i guess the only advice  i can give u is when u cut the headrest and start ripping foam out test fit as u go so u can have the fit ur looking for...the material goes tucked between the tv and headrest bracket so i dont see how it will not remain tight and firm unless u remove too much foam/padding or cut the the material slightly larger than needed

also another tip: i usually use spray glue to the material and then press the tv in the bracket for a firm and tight fit and most of the time u can screw the headrest bracket to a plastic or metal support inside the headrest itself to assure a clean install and have no issues
If you can't get a screw in there another trick you can try is using zip strips to the headrest pipes. (if that makes sense)

Wrap a zip strip around the mounting post and then through the TV mounting bracket and pull tight. That will get the screen tightly into the headrest as well. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts