LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok on summer in the mornings when I started the motor the motor sounded normal. But now that is getting cool in the mornings when I start my motor it the rpm goes really fast but I mean fast and it makes a lot af noise but as soon as it reaches normal temperature it goes back down. Does anyone know whats wrong with it is it the iddle or what help please. ;)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by milkweed@Oct 2 2003, 07:58 PM
sounds like the carb choke to me...it stays on till the engine gets warmer in the winter that weill take longet 'cus its coder
the noise might be a loose belt or ac comperssor...can you be more specific on the noise..
So how can I fix the problem with the choke and the noise is cause the motor is running so fast. :cool:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by milkweed@Oct 2 2003, 08:06 PM
the choke is a normal thing... that is what they are supose to do..

as for the noise if it is normal engine noise you shound worry about it...

what rpm would you say the engine is running at when you start it?
I really dont know what is the rpm cause it has lights instead of a meter but it goes really fast.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
after it warms up for a minute or two try revin it once..that might make the rpm go down..my regal does the same thing.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
yeah its normal for it to hit hi-idle during cold start-ups when its cold outside, the ecm tells the carb to do that to get the motor to normal operating temp. when the thermister detects its cold outside. dont even worry bout it jus rev the motor after like 15 seconds

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
how fast is the the fast idle 82???

it supposed to be set at 2000 - 2200 rpms.

if its higher than that, get a manual and locat the fast idle screw, usually is conected to a flange that runs off the choke or a vacuum sensor.

any cheapy manual from the autoparts store will tell you, do what i do, take your ranfla there, open up the book, locate it, put the back back fix it in the parking lot and take off? this way you don't need to buy the manual???

or do a search on the net.

:cheesy: ,

cc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts