LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just woundering what the fastest time you guy have ever put on a set up. One day me and my lil bro waited til his dad went to work and we insal 4 pumps 8 batt on his 4 door cut the funny part is the car was for school and his dad sid not to do it the night befor so we had 8 hours to get it from stock to done. so it took us 71/2 and we left be for he got home. he cught up to us the next day he was pissed. I tought this would make a good topic.ps true stores only

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
we have done a car in a day. simple install with no reinforcements..

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Dec 24 2008, 03:00 AM~12514058
we have done a car in a day.  simple install with no reinforcements..
yep before i knew any better i used to do installs in a few hours.
now i concentrate more on the quality of things ;)

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Originally posted by NY-BOSSMAN@Dec 24 2008, 09:11 AM~12515654
X1 million

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
yup this guy i just got a used setup off said he can do installs in 3 hours.. i was like :uh:

:nosad:

·
IM BACK!!!
7,752 Posts
I hate seein overlapped angle iron- well actualy I hate seein angle iron AT ALL-- and quic installs always are a gurantee to see that.. Ive never tried to pull off a quic install- I tell peeps if they cant give me the time I need to do a set up-- then take that shit somewhere else ;)

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by SWIPH@Dec 24 2008, 01:02 PM~12517322
I  hate seein overlapped angle iron- well actualy I hate seein angle iron AT ALL-- and quic installs always are a gurantee to see that.. Ive never tried to pull off a quic install- I tell peeps if they cant give me the time I need to do a set up-- then take that shit somewhere else ;)
what do you use for the battery placement.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
the only hard or time consuming part of any clean looking basic install is the batt rack. you can do a car in an evening, spend a day desiging the rack and all that, a day welding it up and painting it, and the next day dropping it in and wiring it up. I cant imaging cutting and wiring everything in one evening and having it done right, but again I dont do alot of similar installs, each one has been notabley different from the one before it

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
had a customer come in one time around 5 p.m. said he wanted to leave his car, for a 2 pump 6 battery setup in his 65 impala show car. catch was he needed it in time for an upcoming super show. but had to have it in for "move in" by 5 a.m.
...... I said "no problem",... he said "really? i will pay you 500 extra if you can do it"..... I again said "no problem"
one of my guys tapped me on the shoulder and said "thats tomorrow morning bro"......

he was in the line for "move in" by 4:30 a.m. ;)

was assholes and elbows,.. lotsa soda and wataburger :biggrin: :biggrin: ... but we did it. it was me by myself, but one of my homies came and lended a hand with the small shit. without him I dont think I coulda done it, especially with having already worked a 12 hr day!!!

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
btw, that "homie" that came by and helped is now my shop manager here :biggrin:

oh, and I will NEVER DO THAT KINDA TIME LIMIT ever again ;) fun story to have and share,.. but ya only need one!! hahaha

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats cool that what I call lowriding all nighters for the car show by the way ther was no over lapping and the rack and it never broke 2x2 1/4" angel 2x2 1/4" sq tube

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I did a frame off on a Cutlass in '01 I think in 4 days, without a lift. Full frame strap(not a heavy ass wrap)with channeled rear, A-arms upper and lower, rear-end with power balls, drove off on springs and cylinders to do the rack himself. We finished the install and the car was bangin' at 52", where it won the hop the next day. 7 days from start to day of show, not too shabby!

Also my boy and I did the frame swap on the red MC in my avatar in something like 14 hours. Would have been a little quicker but we had to swap everything from the existing frame to the new, we did have a lift though. It's amazing to have a car totally apart in the afternoon and rolling back on a trailer goin' home a little after midnight! Can't remember why it wasn't running but it was late and we were pretty much done, just wanted to get some food and a little thing called sleep! Oh yeah, and we had an hour drive home on top of that. Crazy shit we do for these cars, I've done countless all nighters, none for a long time though!

·
Registered
967 Posts
in the 90's REDS did one in like 3 and a half hours. teamwork

but they have myths of 45 minutes with a team of 8 or so.

wonder if thats true.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Originally posted by NY-BOSSMAN@Dec 24 2008, 08:11 AM~12515654
ttt for that one

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its always best to take your time but we all have been 1 hour away from a car show or the weekend and had to fix something the pont is we all love lowridin and we will do anyting to get that shit fixed so we can clown or nose up to the first ride you see.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by pacman@Dec 26 2008, 04:07 AM~12529199
Its always best to take your time but we all have been 1 hour away from a car show or the weekend and had to fix something the pont is we all love lowridin and we will do anyting to get that shit fixed so we can clown or nose up to the first ride you see.
i wouldnt nose up or clown anyone with a couple hour install,shit WILL break ;)

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,780 Posts
Ahh... the good old days :)

I helped a friend install one (just the rear), one night after work (around 1 am). Plenty of beers later I finished around 6 am as he had fell asleep hours before. This was outside on the ground. We went cruising that morning.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts