LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went through a bunch of pages and realized that times have changed. I bought an 84 Monte Carlo and it's completely stock. I'm skipping the loud stuff and just wanted to throw on some gold Daytons in white walls. Apparently I am a day late and a dollar short.. Dayton is not gold plating and 13" white walls are going the way of the dodo bird. I grew up in the 90's and it seems that all the wheel players are gone. Who is left and what do you guys recommend?

·
18,723 Posts
lots and lots of used wheels out there and anything but china made wires are good quality and still look like new, shit i got daytons made in 95 and still look better than new chinas. Find some used daytons and theres still a few people making 13" whitewalls so no big deal there either.

·
SUCK ON MY
4,860 Posts
Originally posted by 84MC@May 26 2011, 06:16 AM~20631702
Just went through a bunch of pages and realized that times have changed. I bought an 84 Monte Carlo and it's completely stock. I'm skipping the loud stuff and just wanted to throw on some gold Daytons in white walls. Apparently I am a day late and a dollar short.. Dayton is not gold plating and 13" white walls are going the way of the dodo bird. I grew up in the 90's and it seems that all the wheel players are gone. Who is left and what do you guys recommend?

Pics of the said mc!

welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
Originally posted by 84MC@May 26 2011, 05:16 AM~20631702
to be honest, personally i dont know what is what anymore or who to trust with wire wheels. i know dayton are still dayton....wire wheel king is top notch . other than that the only thing id roll is some old used daytons, roadsters or wheels built in the 90s, when quality mattered.

·
da painter
24,179 Posts
Originally posted by lone star@May 26 2011, 04:12 PM~20635309
to be honest, personally i dont know what is what anymore or who to trust with wire wheels.  i know dayton are still dayton....wire wheel king is top notch . other than that the only thing id roll is some old used daytons, roadsters or wheels built in the 90s, when quality mattered.
:biggrin:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome and responses. I will post pics this weekend fo my ride. I see there's a couple of Texans on here. I am in Houston, but originally from Compton Califas.. As for the Daytons, I guess I will check out used ones for now. I checked out Envious Touch but their website leaves much to be desired. Wire Wheel King seems like a good alternative. Having to choose between used Daytons and Wire Wheel King, which you you prefer?

·
SUCK ON MY
4,860 Posts
Originally posted by 84MC@May 26 2011, 09:24 PM~20636991
Thanks for the welcome and responses. I will post pics this weekend fo my ride. I see there's a couple of Texans on here. I am in Houston, but originally from Compton Califas.. As for the Daytons, I guess I will check out used ones for now. I checked out Envious Touch but their website leaves much to be desired. Wire Wheel King seems like a good alternative. Having to choose between used Daytons and Wire Wheel King, which you you prefer?

go with d's...Theres a couple members that always have daytons for sale..Just have your cash ready to go and youll get a deal on some.

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
Originally posted by 84MC@May 26 2011, 08:24 PM~20636991
Me personally, I think Wire Wheel King is of the same quality as Dayton. I think more people want daytons because of the name. Wire Wheel King is the original Zenith and their chrome looks better that Dayton because it is tripple chrome plated. A set of 13x7s from WWK is gonna start off at $1550 and 14x7 $1650 before shipping... but worth every penny. If you have the patience to get some WWK, I would highly recommend it. I wanted daytons for my next project... but after seeing Wire Wheel King's chrome, I changed my mind :wow:

·
da painter
24,179 Posts
Originally posted by slickpanther@May 26 2011, 08:41 PM~20637214
Me personally, I think Wire Wheel King is of the same quality as Dayton. I think more people want daytons because of the name. Wire Wheel King is the original Zenith and their chrome looks better that Dayton because it is tripple chrome plated. A set of 13x7s from WWK is gonna start off at $1550 and 14x7 $1650 before shipping... but worth every penny. If you have the patience to get some WWK, I would highly recommend it. I wanted daytons for my next project... but after seeing Wire Wheel King's chrome, I changed my mind :wow:

cant wait to get mines

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
Originally posted by sic713@May 26 2011, 09:20 PM~20637634
cant wait to get mines
You won't be disappointed at all. You'll catch amnesia and forget who Dayton even is. These are actually my first ever set of wire wheels and I don't for one second think about the money I could have saved buying chinas :uh:

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Originally posted by slickpanther@May 26 2011, 11:22 PM~20638657
You won't be disappointed at all. You'll catch amnesia and forget who Dayton even is. These are actually my first ever set of wire wheels and I don't for one second think about the money I could have saved buying chinas :uh:
someone got bit by the qaulity bug :biggrin:

·
da painter
24,179 Posts
Originally posted by slickpanther@May 26 2011, 11:22 PM~20638657
thisis my 1st set of "real" rims,,ive always owned chinas...

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I picked up 2 sets of uniroyal 155/80/13s with manufacturing dates December 2010 or newer. They are still being made, but the days of $20-25 per tire are long gone.

If you have pockets deep enough for all gold Daytons finding what you really want shouldn't be an issue.

·
SUCK ON MY
4,860 Posts
only hogs roll d's.

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
Originally posted by sic713@May 27 2011, 06:35 AM~20639500
thisis my 1st set of "real" rims,,ive always owned chinas...
just like daytons, they will outlast the car....sell car keep rims and keep rollin :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts