LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a pair of wires and i had them on 4 two day and my 2 front ones feel of has any one ever heard of that they r knock offs and i had tha red on tha left side and white on right side thanks

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
people should read about k/o's before they put them on and put themselves as well as other people in danger :uh:

Last edited by rollin low in a grand prix at Dec 10 2003, 06:10 PM

·
Registered
742 Posts
Did the end caps tighten to the rear of the car? if not then you pu them on wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have 3 cars all with wire wheels i know about thes wheels but this is tha frist time this has happen and yes they tighten 2 tha back of tha car and they tightend all tha way.. it mad a rattling nosie but it fell right off when it made tha nosie

·
Registered
29,008 Posts
Originally posted by 91cadillac@Dec 10 2003, 05:53 PM
i just got a pair of wires and i had them on 4 two day and my 2 front ones feel of has any one ever heard of that they r knock offs and i had tha red on tha left side and white on right side thanks
red is rigth side(passinger) white is left side driver....thats whats wrong!!!!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Thats why, the red is the right side and the left is white.....you have to make sure they are that way because they are reverse threaded on each side...that way, they arent loosening themselves when you take off.

I always tighten them after driving for awhile as well.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by homeboyz+Dec 10 2003, 08:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (homeboyz @ Dec 10 2003, 08:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--91cadillac@Dec 10 2003, 05:53 PM
i just got a pair of wires and i had them on 4 two day and my 2 front ones feel of has any one ever heard of that  they r knock offs  and i had tha red on tha left side and white on right side  thanks
red is rigth side(passinger) white is left side driver....thats whats wrong!!!!![/b][/quote]
Listen to keith man... He sells rims all day long, I would think he knows what he's talking about

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Maybe the wire wheel companies should stamp them in big letters so that folks won't get confused. Then maybe the rest of us could rest easy next time we see another rider rolling toward us with wires.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Forone, you got your adapters on the wrong sides like the homies up there sed. Two, you are reccomended to tighten them securely, then tighten them agen after about 50 miles of riding. Its good to check em every 500 miles after that. I remember when i first put mine on, shit was wrking fine, then I started to apply some brakes and I heard a knocking and I kew shit wasnt right. Pulled over to the side of the road tightened the wheel and shit was fine.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Originally posted by 91cadillac@Dec 10 2003, 06:53 PM
i think that is the problem isnt red on the right and whit on the left

1 - 20 of 31 Posts