LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Brougham
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the studs{ the ones that hold the wheel on the car} on my 83 caddy coupe devile broke on the rear driver side.I took the wheel,and drum off and it looks like iam gonna have to take the whole axle shaft out to get new studs. My question is, is this the way its done or is there another easyer way..... Thanks for any information you have on this :cool:

Last edited by caddy4yaass at Oct 12 2003, 06:31 PM

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
knock the old one out with a hammer if there is any left in the axle(might be real easy, might take forever). then line the hole up with the gap between your brake shoes and you should be able to get it in there. just turn the axle untill you find a place that will allow you to get it in.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
you serious? man same thing happened to me today. all of came off in a second n off came the wheel.

·
Brougham
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks dough so u tellin me to just get new studs, were do i get those at.Yea lowridinbox chevy shit started makin a crazy ass noise so i looked at the wheel and i seen it was wobblen so i called a tow truck before it fell off :0 :( quik littel 87 dollers spent....

Last edited by caddy4yaass at Oct 12 2003, 10:19 PM

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
tba, auto zone,kragens tba sells them seperate. dont know if you have one there but any auto part store.evern dealerships but they are more expensive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts