LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with my 13's on my Monte!? one wheel is not going flush on the Drum and it's causing the wheel to vibrate and make some noises. I thought that it might be the weight that was on the drum so i grinded down the weight alittle and it still did the same thing. I then put another drum on my monte and it still doen't help.... My Monte is 1984 thanks in advance homie's!!! :confused:

·
Registered
233 Posts
first off you need to check the center hole in the wheel and make sure it is a little bigger than the axle. maybe the center is hanging up on the axle as you slide it on. next maybe make sure the wheel isn't bent. because when it's bent in the center it's alot harder to see than a bend on the barrell or outer lip.and are these wheels ko's or bolt ons?

·
Registered
233 Posts
wheel balance can cause some vibration but it shouldn't be to bothersome on the rear of the car. secondly it wouldn't create any noise. also chek the tires to make sure the belts aren't seperated

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
try different lug nuts. they might be too long and the rims are hitting them instead of the drum.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
No the lug nuts are the right size and the balance on the tires should be fine. When we mounted them on they didnt seem to fit right. Im not sure what its hitting or if the adapter is fucked up. It also could be his axle. Ive never had any go bad on me on a g-body but you never know.

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
i got a bad adapter from player, i think it was out of round. i caused my wheel to come loose twice while i was driving and scared the shit out of me. after the second time, i was hammering the k.o. and one of the ears broke off. i ordered another spinner and adapter and havn't had a problem since. unfortunately player doesnt include this shit in their warranty so i actually had to pay for it. so, i would try borrowing another adapter for a test drive and see if this is your problem. let me know how it goes!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts