LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
well i was trying to pull a three the other day, and i took the corner and dumped the back side, and when it started to pull up, the inside of the wheel well hit my tire and cut it up. not real bad just scraped all the lettering off and put some ugly cuts in it. but, i have the air ride sleeve bags in back and they only get like 7" lift, and since this winter i'm going to be putting in a 4 link, if while i'm at it i put in 13 inch bags could i get it to lift higher in back, so the wheel well would clear over the top of the tire? or is that a bad idea? plus i think high lockup in the rear looks cool anyways, but would i need to get a slip yoke or anything for the driveshaft like the hydraulics guys do? I already cut down the wheel well so that it has about half inch more clearance than before, so it might not even hit anymore but i thought bigger bags might be the way to go, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
u shouldnt have any driveshaft probs but the 13'' bags drop as much as a normal bag so wont solve your rubbing when dumped problem...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah it wasn't rubbing when it was dumped, it was the lifting side of the car, the rear wheel wells are pretty low and it doesn't lift that much in back, so when the car tilted to pull a 3, the wheel well pulled straight into the top of the tire. i figured that maybe with the 13 inch bags i could lock the back up higher so that when the body rolls over to pull the front wheel up, it would already be higher up than the tire. here's a picture to give you the idea of the height of the wheel wells on the tire, this is fully dumped though

·
Registered
244 Posts
when you 4 link it...do a true cantilever 4 link where the bags are mounted on the parallel bars (or if you choose a triangulated 4 link..then the bottom bars). in front of the axle. this will allow you to use a bag with the same lift but it will give you a much larger rise. it will hinder your towing capacity...but not like youll be towing anything with the fairlane. it might also make your ride quality slighty worse but youll be able to send the rear end sky high.

oh by the way i would like to see some pictures of your front and rear install if you have time to get under there and take some pictures.

ill try and talk to you on instant messenger if youre ever on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts