LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know how some lows are lifted and raised up, their wheels bow in at the bottom and bow out at the top

well mine are stock height bowing out at the bottom. bowing in a little at top.
what caused this and why?

i had a pair of 1 1/2" twist in spring spacers in each spring
think this is what caused it?

how can i fix this?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are you sure?

where are the shims located? i think ive seen em with the hood open looking down onto the top of the arm, how do i get em out? just pull em out?

Got another question.

i put 2 pairs of twist spacer blocks on each spring and the wheels look like they bow out even more, i thought they would bow in on the bottom because of the car being lifted..

hmm.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
when you lift the car, the uper arms basically get shorter, from the mounting point, to the ball joint, which causes the tire and rim to tip inward at the top.

thats why juiced rides get the uppers extended, to get rid of this situation.

to remove the shims, jack the car up so the load is off of the suspension, then, loosen, but do not remove, the 2 bolts that hold the control arms cross shaft to the frame. lift out the shims, which are basuically U shaped, then tighten the bolts back down.

this will help some, but it may or may not be enough to straighten the tire back out.

if all else fails, get the uppers extended. i know a guy in Cleveland who does the real well (shameless plug) :biggrin:

·
Registered
20,699 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Aug 25 2005, 11:01 PM~3694379
when you lift the car, the uper arms basically get shorter, from the mounting point, to the ball joint, which causes the tire and rim to tip inward at the top.

thats why juiced rides get the uppers extended, to get rid of this situation.

to remove the shims, jack the car up so the load is off of the suspension, then,  loosen, but do not remove, the 2 bolts that hold the control arms cross shaft  to the frame.  lift out the shims, which are basuically U shaped, then tighten the bolts back down.

this will help some, but it may or may not be enough to straighten the tire back out.

if all else fails, get the uppers extended.  i know a guy in Cleveland who does the real well (shameless plug)  :biggrin:
that guys a tool :uh:

:biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts