LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what determines the length of the bars,and the angle?

i want mine to be cantilever style with around 30" of travel on my S-10

and whats the diff. between puttin the bag on the middle bars opposed to the outer bars?

any help will be gratefull

Jason

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry didnt try to post it twice

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by SLAMinIT@Jan 3 2004, 10:03 PM
what determines the length of the bars,and the angle?

i want mine to be cantilever style with around 30" of travel on my S-10

and whats the diff. between puttin the bag on the middle bars opposed to the outer bars?

any help will be gratefull

Jason
when you say middle bars i assume you mean triangulated 4 link and the reason i beleive they put the bags on the outside bars is because they are usually lower and stronger and help balance the car better and are closer to the frame to mount the brackets

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
you can put the bags on the upper trangulated bars if you want. but you know you need to run them so they are together in the middle on the vehicle side, not on the axle side,like on my setup. we have done s-10s like that before and they get up pretty good. i like them on the bottom bars. to get 30" of travel your gonna need long ass bars and some bags with a big stroke. i have 30" bars and get 14-15" of lift with 7" of travel at the bag(3" colapsed and 9-10" tall). the ceter of my bags are 11" from the front pivot if i remember corectly. so for 30" i see slam bags and at least 45-48" bars.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not sure what kind i have but their nice sized and dual port 3/4"is that to fast for one or will i have to regulate the psi.?

i was wantin the bars to be mounted near the tranny x-member.
and yes i was talkin bout triangulated 4 link,sorry i forgot to mention it

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
they should be fine, its gonna be hard to control them with the dual ports though. you might have to just plug one of them. the back of my lincoln comes up pretty quick right now with 1/2 lines and 250 psi with them t'ed to a single valve. well see tommorrow once i get the other 4 valves.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by SLAMinIT@Jan 4 2004, 12:35 AM
im not sure what kind i have but their nice sized and dual port 3/4"is that to fast for one or will i have to regulate the psi.?

i was wantin the bars to be mounted near the tranny x-member.
and yes i was talkin bout triangulated 4 link,sorry i forgot to mention it
dual 3/4 on the back of a truck it is pretty light back there you can use one port in and one out but i mean are you gonna go full hop and comp jumping on it

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i still want to be able to clown on juice.
well the way it was done was 1 port in ,1 port out on the back and single port in the front im thinkin of puttin the duals in the front and single in backsittin around 300-500 psi.I still want the back fast but the front i want to hop high(all my boys have juice so I still have to show them wassup)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts