LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when you buy cylinders like on prohopper do i need to buy the cylinder bolt and o rings seprate? and what about donuts? and does the hose fittings come with them too? i got 2 red's pumps can i use prohopper cylinders?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Basically you will get the cylinder. The o-rings will already be on it. You will have to buy the fittings, bolts ,cups, donuts and whatever else extra.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
It doesn't matter if your using deep cups or not. You still need to bolt the cup to the cylinder. You can get by without doing it but, it is a lot safer to do so.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Originally posted by $outh$ider@Dec 26 2003, 06:43 PM
is it to bolt the deep cups? but if i'm not using deep cups do i still need the bolt?
dude these questions are common sense i respect the fact you are a newbie trying to learn but i do respect that......

you get the right bolt size for the correct application you are using.... if your using deep cups you find out what kind and size bolt that will fit in/bolt in the deep cup into the cylidner shaft....

ok if your not using any cups how are you going to get the cylinder onto/into the supsension, you just can't weld the shaft onto/into your suspension

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so the cylinder bolt is what holds the cylinder on the suspension?
would it just be better going to place that sells cylinders and buying everything there?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
If they are your front cylinders then you bolt the cup to the cylinder and set it on top of the coil spring. If it is for the rear and your doing a coilover setup you just screw your powerballs or heims there. If it is a coil under then you do it the same as the front. I forget the size of bolt you need but, just order them when you order the cylinders or you can go to the hardware store and get them. Just take a cylinder with you.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
hey homie a guy on here volv lo i think is his name , man he has a perfect book for you to get and read. i am ordering on too it is the scince if hydraulic suspention looks like a good book to answer all you curent questions

good luck s a

1 - 10 of 10 Posts