LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably a dumb question but, if you were to shorten your driveshaft an 1" then could you just cut the part that slide in the tranny down an inch? I seems like it would pretty much be the same thing but, that is why I wanted to get some opinions. I also wanted to know how low can you lay your car out without the driveshaft falling out of the tranny?

Last edited by S10lifted at Sep 21 2003, 10:00 PM

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by RobLBC+Sep 21 2003, 10:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RobLBC @ Sep 21 2003, 10:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--S10lifted@Sep 21 2003, 10:01 PM
What his lil name?
Rich[/b][/quote]
Alright thanks. Does anyone else know?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
You dont want to cut down the yoke of your drive shaft that goes in the tranny cause it aint the part thats hittin its the outside of the yoke hittin on the back of your tranny so if you shorten your shaft your yoke will have more travel cause it will be hanging out another inch so it can travel into your tranny so you can lock up higher with out pushing on the back of your tranny. I hope that makes sense to you its kinda hard to explain :biggrin:

·
Registered
605 Posts
on the Impalas that have the 2 piece, you can cut the yoke and slide the carrier bearing forward, which in a sense shortens the back half.

·
Premium Member
54,754 Posts
Originally posted by WashPaChris 64@Sep 22 2003, 01:19 PM
on the Impalas that have the 2 piece, you can cut the yoke and slide the carrier bearing forward, which in a sense shortens the back half.
PLEASE DONT GIVE BAD INFO,,,,,THE SHAFT ITSELF NEEDS TO BE CUT ;)

·
Hot Head President
5,431 Posts
Originally posted by RICH+Sep 22 2003, 08:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RICH @ Sep 22 2003, 08:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--WashPaChris 64@Sep 22 2003, 01:19 PM
PLEASE DONT GIVE BAD INFO,,,,,THE SHAFT ITSELF NEEDS TO BE CUT ;)[/b][/quote]
:0 :0 :0 :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
when you cut it make sure its welded back on the same way it was both ends need to line up and cut it at the end and not in the middle lol i learned this after i did it lol

·
Registered
605 Posts
OOPS My bad.

I neglected to state that I only did this because my slip yoke was 1/4-1/2 inch too small when locked.... I assumed you had a sip yoke.

Cutting the tranny yoke worked for me in this case.

Sorry all for the bad info.

Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts