LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im reinforcing my frame, but i need to know some strees points.

does the caliber on the brakes need to be reinforced?

and with how thick of steel, 1/2 or 3/8?

any comments are appriciated ;)

·
Registered
534 Posts
well I don't know many of them.. but here is a good place to start..
this was my cutlass last year... :tears: sure miss that car...

ps... don't hate on the bolt ons.. it was my first juiced ride... :biggrin:

here is the beautiful buckled quarters after the frame broke..

Last edited by juicdcutlass at Nov 17 2003, 06:38 PM

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Originally posted by juicdcutlass@Nov 17 2003, 04:36 PM

holy shit!!!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Originally posted by 84euroclipbrougham@Nov 17 2003, 06:43 PM
holy shit!!!!
i drove it like that for months.. i didn't care.. i just wanted to ride it till the wheels fell off but then the carb started giving me problems and it wouldn't stay running so i let her go...

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Here is a Stress point frame wrap on a G-body!

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Timdog57, what do you know about G-Bodies?????????

besides everything. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I know nothing and I don't own a lowrider either!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
could be a combination of the 2 plus wieght!! It looks twisted on top of being broke so 3 wheel could have played a part also!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57@Nov 17 2003, 09:11 PM
could be a combination of the 2 plus wieght!! It looks twisted on top of being broke so 3 wheel could have played a part also!!
i never REALLY tried hopping the rear .. i would sometimes hit sides pretty violently but not really dance much.. but I would 3 that car EVERY chance that I could ... :biggrin: :uh: :0 nothing quite the rush of 3-ing through new territory and theres a lot of people out ... :cheesy:

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by juicdcutlass+Nov 17 2003, 08:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (juicdcutlass @ Nov 17 2003, 08:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--timdog57@Nov 17 2003, 09:11 PM
could be a combination of the 2 plus wieght!!  It looks twisted on top of being broke so 3 wheel could have played a part also!!
i never REALLY tried hopping the rear .. i would sometimes hit sides pretty violently but not really dance much.. but I would 3 that car EVERY chance that I could ... :biggrin: :uh: :0 nothing quite the rush of 3-ing through new territory and theres a lot of people out ... :cheesy:[/b][/quote]
DAMN RIGHT!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros@Nov 18 2003, 03:09 AM

What would cause this, hopping the rear, dancing???
if anyone ever really looks close gm welds the frame back there somewhere on the hump, the first time i seen it i thought a body shop sectioned in a new chunk o frame but then i seen it on every other frame. as far as stress points do the belly for sure, around where the springs go in the front, where the cylinders come through the frame, i like to plate the weld inside the frame where the donut sits against cause it will eventually crack, do the hump over the rear end all the way up to the torsion box on the frame(where it meets with the c channel that goes along the bottom of the doors) i like to use 3/16 or 1/4, 3/8 on the rear of hoppers, if your doing a basic street setup 3/16 is fine. you barely have to heat it to form it 1/4 you have to heat alot more, which weakens it quite a bit. or you could try to cold form it. good luck

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Originally posted by juicdcutlass@Nov 17 2003, 06:36 PM

DAMMNNNNN :0 :0 :0 :0

Rob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts