LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48,347 Posts
I know you have to have your box or base to get the bike off the ground but where do you get the motor to turn the bike. I have herd that you can use a Rotisserie motor from a grill or a motor from a washing machine. Has anyone ever used any of those? Do they work? What other kind of motors can you use? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I don’t know if these vatos are still in business. Here’s where one of my homies ordered from

Dennison Schwinn Cyclery
213-721-8316
6220 Whittier Blvd
LA CA 90022

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf@Nov 10 2003, 09:00 PM
I don’t know if these vatos are still in business. Here’s where one of my homies ordered from

Dennison Schwinn Cyclery
213-721-8316
6220 Whittier Blvd
LA CA 90022
thats were a got mine about 5 years ago it was going for $350.00 but i am not sure if they are still in business.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
dennison is in business
just bought one from there, he makes the best. and it runs off of 12V battery!!!! no electricity to pay. or you can use any 12V transformer to run it(i.e. cell phone charger)

·
Registered
48,347 Posts
I would like to try and avoid paying the 350.00 for a turn table. I paid 10 dollers for the bar to put the bike on. The base or box the motor goes in is already done. That cost me another 20 bucks. All I am missing is the motor. I keep hearing something about a gear motor but??? Where do I get one? I already have 30 dollers into a turntable. Maybe the motor will cost me another 100-200 dollers? Not to talk shit on the peple that sell and make turntables but theres no way I am paying that much for something I can make myself for less $$$... Where do I get a motor? I will be very greatful to the person who provides the correct information...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Originally posted by socios b.c. prez@Nov 11 2003, 06:50 PM
I would like to try and avoid paying the 350.00 for a turn table. I paid 10 dollers for the bar to put the bike on. The base or box the motor goes in is already done. That cost me another 20 bucks. All I am missing is the motor. I keep hearing something about a gear motor but??? Where do I get one? I already have 30 dollers into a turntable. Maybe the motor will cost me another 100-200 dollers? Not to talk shit on the peple that sell and make turntables but theres no way I am paying that much for something I can make myself for less $$$... Where do I get a motor? I will be very greatful to the person who provides the correct information...
use an electric wheelchair motor. I dont know where you can get one but there is this kick ass place in Orlando that all this awsome shit for anything mechanical. They have like 20 or 30 motors but im nut sure how much they are. Some of them are used so prolly less than $50

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Trolling motor is what I'm going to use, has three speeds, I just got to figure out the how to make the bile stay in the channel and still look good.

·
Banned
5,403 Posts
Originally posted by socios b.c. prez@Nov 11 2003, 05:50 PM
i heard overhead fan motors could work

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Originally posted by socios b.c. prez@Nov 11 2003, 08:56 PM
I like the wheelchair motor idea.

What is a trolling motor?

I will have to think about the ceiling fan motor for a bit. It might work. This one will probably be the easyist to try first...
a trolling motor is the little motor at the front of a boat. so you can move slowly while you are fishing.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
homeboy does sell the motors, i think they are 60. dont qoute me on that.

what you get for that price is a metal frame, motor, bar for the bike, the brackets to hold the bike in place, and the shaft that goes on the motor.

this was like 4-5 years when my boy bought it, the shaft was the only thing he was not selling at that time

call him a find out what he has and prices

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
i have a dennison turntable and i have never had a problem with it. just think of it like this if you buy one from him for like $225 and you put your custom bike on it(priceless to me) and it spins without falling off(like alot of other hamdmade turntables) than is it worth it? I WOULD SAY SO !!!! STOP BEING CHEAP!! you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
48,347 Posts
I wouldnt call it being cheap... Am I cheap cause I did the welding and body work on my bike? Am I cheap if I make my own parts? All I am trying to do is spend my money wisely. For that kind of money I can get something alot better. I have a three wheeler and I know I would have to relpace the bar and the box on one of those turntables anyway. I hear you when you say you get what you pay for. Im not trying to say that the turntables those guys sell are crap eather. Like I said my friend ordered one a few months ago and the thing is still backordered. I dont want to wait months for my turntable.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
ttt

1 - 20 of 21 Posts