LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
they don't make 10+ switch models, but you can do one yourself.. I can build you one. Made a few before, up to 14 switches. All you need are the right kind of switches, wires, and a nice sized project box. Its not very hard. Kinda wires up just like a real car does.

·
Registered
343 Posts
let me know if you need help with the wiring!! ;) its VERY simple... its about as hard as wiring a real car with switches... just minus the soleniods!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I used the do the same... but the switch boxes got too big, and were even bigger then the model!!! Thats why I went to the smalled mini-toggle switches and project boxes... also, the wires got too big.

·
Registered
343 Posts
yeah I having a universal switch box is good to have, but alot of people look for a bit more then just 4 switches. Plus depends how you have it wired, if they are 6 prong, or 3 prong. Most people want the model to do front, back, and side to side with just one switch instead of pushing 2 or 3 switches to do one move.....

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Majestics Pablo@Sep 29 2003, 04:23 PM
they don't make 10+ switch models, but you can do one yourself.. I can build you one. Made a few before, up to 14 switches. All you need are the right kind of switches, wires, and a nice sized project box. Its not very hard. Kinda wires up just like a real car does.
you got a PM Pablo

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by Majestics Pablo@Sep 29 2003, 05:48 PM
I used the do the same... but the switch boxes got too big, and were even bigger then the model!!! Thats why I went to the smalled mini-toggle switches and project boxes... also, the wires got too big.
i have really big hands so the 10 switch car boxes fit nicely in my palms ;)

anyone else notice that there is only one person in this post so far that isnt in the club? :0 :biggrin:

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Majestics Pablo@Sep 29 2003, 07:58 PM
yeah I having a universal switch box is good to have, but alot of people look for a bit more then just 4 switches. Plus depends how you have it wired, if they are 6 prong, or 3 prong. Most people want the model to do front, back, and side to side with just one switch instead of pushing 2 or 3 switches to do one move.....
yea, i know. i use 6-prongs always. but couldn't a prewired hydro switch box work?? like i said it was my first one. and you could always build it to order

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Represent316@Sep 29 2003, 08:05 PM
Im gonna turn the top of my Entertainment center into a Display / Scenery, with 6 or 7 model's, all wired to one box.. with about 30 switch'es.. That should be some fun wiring..
hell yea, the closest thing i've done like that is wire up two hoppers to the same box, and had a hop off!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by Represent316@Sep 29 2003, 06:05 PM
Im gonna turn the top of my Entertainment center into a Display / Scenery, with 6 or 7 model's, all wired to one box.. with about 30 switch'es.. That should be some fun wiring..
I've done that two 2 model dancers.... just didn't work right....

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
reminds me of back in the day when i was into lowrider hydraulics big time..before lowrider models became main stream...i have a few models with 16 switches...looked cool...but you can do same moves with 4 switches...

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Majestics Pablo+Sep 29 2003, 05:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Majestics Pablo @ Sep 29 2003, 05:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--$outh$idePlayer@Sep 29 2003, 06:01 PM
you got a PM Pablo
and so do you.... hehe[/b][/quote]
you got another PM

1 - 20 of 25 Posts