LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive seen many street cars have holes on the bottom of their trunks. where does the oil come out from? if you have a subwoofers in your car, how do you keep them from having oil all over them? im puttin in my switches soon and i want a system so thats why i gotta ask this ?. thanks!

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by luxsporton22z@Jan 9 2004, 01:41 AM
ive seen many street cars have holes on the bottom of their trunks. where does the oil come out from? if you have a subwoofers in your car, how do you keep them from having oil all over them? im puttin in my switches soon and i want a system so thats why i gotta ask this ?. thanks!
I dont quite understand what you mean?

Are you like planning to pour oil all over inside your trunk?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when people post their street cars setups, theres like two holes at the bottom of the trunk and its looks like oil is everywhere. like it spils in your trunk. im sorry i really cant explain.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
i see what your saying, but not everyone has oil in their trunks. just the people who half ass do things, and are too lazy to change o-rings. ;)

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
you can get some spillage and also oil can blow out the fillers if you over fill the tank and use the system hard, but this only hapopens if your seals are fucked.

When it does spill its a bugger to get rid of, it doesnt really dry up and its hard wiping it away - it is oil after all.

I did a TV show once and danced my old ride about on the street then they asked me to open the boot to show the system, did a 'dry' run (Pun ?) for camera angles, did the real thing, opened the trunk and it looked like Niagra falls :0 , the TV people did realise any different, LOFL....

it happens, no drama, a drain hole at the lowest part of your trunk will help get rid of any excess, but dropping oil on the road is illegal in most countries ;)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Yeah, intentional dumping of oil IS illegal. And I'm sure it would be hell on that family of four that you could end up killing from them skidding in one of your 'puddles."
The key is to not do a half-assed set-up and get some relief valves on your pumps. I hear about quite a few people blowing pump head seals and blowing their tanks off. A few yars ago, I was in the market for new pumps 'cause I've had mine since '91. But after looking around, I noticed that most of them don't come with a built-in relief like they used to. So never-the-less I'm sticking to my old school joints. And as far as blowing tanks off, be mindful of the pressure and amount of oil you have in your tank if you have a pressurized tank. I've never pressurized my tank 'cause I've always stuck with the tried and true 'breather' which has never let me down.
If you really want to be responsible, don't put a drain-hole in your trunk, leave it sealed. That way it will collect at the lowest point and you can clean it up when you get home and dispose of it properly. And remember, just one person leaving puddles everywhere out there makes us all look bad.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Jan 9 2004, 07:44 AM
Yeah, intentional dumping of oil IS illegal. And I'm sure it would be hell on that family of four that you could end up killing from them skidding in one of your 'puddles."
The key is to not do a half-assed set-up and get some relief valves on your pumps. I hear about quite a few people blowing pump head seals and blowing their tanks off. A few yars ago, I was in the market for new pumps 'cause I've had mine since '91. But after looking around, I noticed that most of them don't come with a built-in relief like they used to. So never-the-less I'm sticking to my old school joints. And as far as blowing tanks off, be mindful of the pressure and amount of oil you have in your tank if you have a pressurized tank. I've never pressurized my tank 'cause I've always stuck with the tried and true 'breather' which has never let me down.
If you really want to be responsible, don't put a drain-hole in your trunk, leave it sealed. That way it will collect at the lowest point and you can clean it up when you get home and dispose of it properly. And remember, just one person leaving puddles everywhere out there makes us all look bad.
:thumbsup:

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Tephlone tape, tight fittings, and regular maintance. Oh yeah...and don't over lock the system.

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by big pimpin@Jan 10 2004, 01:28 AM
Tephlone tape, tight fittings, and regular maintance. Oh yeah...and don't over lock the system.
;)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by big pimpin@Jan 10 2004, 03:28 AM
Unless you have a pressure relief.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Jan 10 2004, 10:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Jan 10 2004, 10:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--ogcaddy@Jan 10 2004, 10:50 AM
if you got oil in your trunk, then YOU FUCKING SUCK.

go get a life, or a better installer.
mr. opinionated....

i fucking love it..

:biggrin:[/b][/quote]
:biggrin: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by ogcaddy@Jan 10 2004, 10:50 AM
if you got oil in your trunk, then YOU FUCKING SUCK.

go get a life, or a better installer.
I always have oil in my trunk. :(

it's usually in the little black bottle in a lilltle black bag with my cleaning supplies. :biggrin: ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts