LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my daily 93 cadillac deville i have to put water in the radiator every 2 or three weeks b/c it keeps disappearing....i dont believe its leaking underneath the car and i've checked the oil and its not watery anybody have any ideas cause im baffled

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
if it's a northstar engine your head gasket is bad, I just went through this shit not long ago. my best advice is to sell it and get a new car.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
headgasket leaking into the combustion chamber

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Aug 14 2005, 02:24 PM~3615081
if it's a northstar engine your head gasket is bad, I just went through this shit not long ago.  my best advice is to sell it and get a new car.
how bad can it be?

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by Foompla@Aug 14 2005, 01:54 PM~3615187
how bad can it be?
on the northstars the aluminum around the head bolts deteriorates and the bolts dont hold the clamping force on the head gasket any longer. The heads have to come off, and the block has to be machined for new inserts. If it's a deville, this requires dropping the front subframe to get at it. I was getting quotes of 4-5K to have this done..

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Aug 14 2005, 02:07 PM~3615227
on the northstars the aluminum around the head bolts deteriorates and the bolts dont hold the clamping force on the head gasket any longer.  The heads have to come off, and the block has to be machined for new inserts.  If it's a deville, this requires dropping the front subframe to get at it.  I was getting quotes of 4-5K to have this done..
cotdamn

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
4.9 doesnt have that split block peice of shit northstar problems!!!!! either way though doesnt sound good. pos lower intake manifold leaking....

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Aug 14 2005, 03:07 PM~3615227
on the northstars the aluminum around the head bolts deteriorates and the bolts dont hold the clamping force on the head gasket any longer.  The heads have to come off, and the block has to be machined for new inserts.  If it's a deville, this requires dropping the front subframe to get at it.  I was getting quotes of 4-5K to have this done..
turbo supras used to do this. the headbolts in the back would loosen up. no damage done tho.

in other words - that sucks :0

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by nwa_fo_lyfe@Aug 14 2005, 04:11 PM~3616956
4.9 doesnt have that split block peice of shit northstar problems!!!!!  either way though doesnt sound good. pos lower intake manifold leaking....
its still an aluminum block

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Originally posted by G2G_Al@Aug 14 2005, 01:54 PM~3619564
Did you check your passagener front carpet if it is wet.  Maybe a heater core??
Just a thought......

;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts