LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know where i can buy a 4bbl rochester carb(like the stock one) for a 327? i don't care if it is rebuilt or new, i just want to save some money by shopping around. if you have any suggestions for a good deal on the internet or los angeles area, i would appreicate it if you let me know

·
Registered
306 Posts
i have a 4bbl rochester sitting on top of my caprice right now that could use a rebuild, but can still run a car, i think that the choke isnt adjusted just right. make me an offer the carb comes with the car, lol its a 4dr 1984 with minor rust, 305 v8, mostly stock except for chrome air cleaner, k&N chrome valve covers, interior is in prettery good shape, look at my avitar for color, heh :cool:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
probably not the cheapest place but here you go

www.summitracing.com
part number hly-0-80555C

price $309.95

thay have afew more to choose from but i think this is the cheapest.

also check out part # jet-35001

Last edited by dough916 at Aug 21 2003, 09:20 AM

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have an original Carter carb off of a 64 Impala SS 327
Let me know if you are interested.
It might need rebuilt, but ran when the motor was removed.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
** Summit racing otherwise Jegs offers that new carb for "off road " applications that are tuned right out of the box ..... The off road carb is supposed to work extremely well for vehicles that are always driving in odd positions , Bumpy trails , Ect.............

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Alpha Carburator

2916 E Imperial Hwy
Lynwood, CA 90262

It's a small shop near the lynwood indoor swapmeet. I droped off my 64 and they swapped out my beat 4 barrel and put in a rebuilt one for around $100 installed. It ran great for a year afterwords without a problem. It's not polished out but works beautiful. Check them out!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
i've got an Edelbrock 600 CFM Model #1400 (automatic choke). it's practically brand new, and it retails for like $400 more than i'm selling it for. send me a message if you're interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts