LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in VA. Folk will rip you the fuck off on paint jobs! To me the only way to get it done they way I want it is to do it myself. I think I got enough help to get my car prept and primered, so the next step is to buy the paint. I sho as hell ain't buying it from anybody out here so does anybody sell it online? I went to house of kolor but you can see the paint before you buy. THanks!

Last edited by viznic at Dec 3 2003, 06:42 PM

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or can anybody show me a picture of a car that has rootbeer kandy? I think I wanna go with that, but gotta see it first ;)

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
pick a paint maker and buy a color chart :cheesy:

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Got to the paint store and look at their charts take them outside to see in the sun and run mother fucker run. If I were you I'd go check out the paint at the paint store then buy it where you choose online or wherever. Here is a place that sells it online
http://www.innate.com/home.htm

But painting candy paint aint all that easy if you got no experience.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks homies! I have absolutely NO experience, so I prolly won't do kandy cause I don't want to fawk it up, so if I do a brown met. How many clear coats? Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by viznic at Dec 4 2003, 05:12 PM

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Originally posted by viznic@Dec 4 2003, 05:02 PM
Thanks homies! I have absolutely NO experience, so I prolly won't do kandy cause I don't want to fawk it up, so if I do a brown met. How many clear coats? Thanks in advance!!
i have experience and i hate to panit kandy rootbeer it's won of the hardest colors to do i would start with somthing a little easyer
thats my own 2 cents

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
if you have a phone book look under auto paint it should get you to a paint store if you have auto body shops in your town then they get it from a auto paint store or ask the shop to see color book to get an idea of color you want then you can order online get the color and base coat # or name. candies are harder to paint because they are painted different than regular colors there is practically no fixing once you mess up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts