~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G body. Buick Regal.

My bad.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
DO NOT BUY THEM!!! If you hop with them you will fuck up your body. They have no give at all and play hell on te body. Go to GM and order factory rubber mounts.

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Tim.

I was told that OEM are too soft.

I'ma listed to you though.

;)

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by NaptownSwangin@Aug 24 2005, 04:46 PM~3684120
Thanks Tim.

I was told that OEM are too soft.

I'ma listed to you though.

;)

I know a certain hopper that hits in the high 60's and still has the factory body mounts from when the car was manufactured. You want some flex

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Originally posted by 3onthree@Aug 24 2005, 06:48 PM~3685572
but if your frame is reinforced dont you want poly bushings? im confused
That was my same thought for years.

But as the cars got higher the roofs started to buckel and you ask yourself why???

Its reinforced why is the roof and hood buckeled......................

Well your body has to flex and with the poly bushings it don't flex as much :(

So my 2 cents 13's split belly and RUBBER BODY MOUNTS...............

THE GODFATHER PAID LIKE $350.00 FOR RUBBER MOUNTS FROM THE CHEVY DEALER AND SO FAR SO GOOD............ ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
thats a tyte fuckin pic! i always thought that it would make your quarters buckle if you wrapped and still had rubber mounts, and heard it from a lot of reliable sources, but i guess i'll stick with rubber.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 79 monte with the frame already reinforced.should i get the original body mounts then instead of the energy suspension mounts??? how about for all the steering and for the control arms-original or poly-urethane??? would it matter for the trans and motor mounts?? cuz i've seen some hoppers with no rubber mounts at all just all metal supports for the engine block :dunno:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
thats what they say on the impalassforum about the b-bodys. use regular rubber mounts,,,, no point in body bushing being heavy duty. like you want your suspension

·
jus chippin
3,772 Posts
ive called my local dealership for those mounts and there expensive they wanted 600 for them

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by dougy83@Jan 6 2008, 12:10 PM~9620246
ive called my local dealership for those mounts and there expensive they wanted 600 for them

Old topic. You can get the OG rubber ones from the Dealer for about $250 for the kit.

Polys are at summit or jegs for about $170.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
i would stick with OEM body mounts but all other suspension wise bushings i would go with polyeurethane ones.

www.suspension.com is a place i shop at for the poly ones

1 - 18 of 18 Posts