LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Smasher
Joined
·
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who sells the colored batt wire in the correct gauge? where do you guys get yours or does every one just pay a ton at the stereo shop? Thanks
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
18,723 Posts
Originally posted by Dylante63@Feb 8 2010, 09:05 PM~16553749
who sells the colored batt wire in the correct gauge? where do you guys get yours or does every one just pay a ton at the stereo shop? Thanks
stereo shops rip you off big time. Look on ebay or something.
 

·
Super Smasher
Joined
·
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what im saying. My last few setups I got the batt cable for free so since i gotta pay this time, I was checking out the colored stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,654 Posts
Originally posted by Dylante63@Feb 8 2010, 08:21 PM~16553860
Thats what im saying. My last few setups I got the batt cable for free so since i gotta pay this time,  I was checking out the colored stuff.
ebay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,976 Posts
pretty much at any stereo shop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,976 Posts
try checking out ALLOUTCUSTOMS, hes on LIL also. tell'm jr sent you he'll hook u up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,006 Posts
Originally posted by 206ness@Feb 9 2010, 12:48 PM~16561060
ebay
x24226
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,549 Posts
Originally posted by wannabelowrider@Feb 9 2010, 05:34 PM~16563739
2 Ga is what I was planning on using for my setup.  That's pretty common isn't it?
NO SIR, TRY 2 0 GUAGE BRO. 1 0 IS DOABLE BUT NOT FOR ME. HOPE THIS HELPS.
 

·
Hard 2 Please
Joined
·
3,550 Posts
Originally posted by PISTONPUMP-1@Feb 18 2010, 01:35 PM~16652497
NO SIR, TRY 2 0 GUAGE BRO. 1 0 IS DOABLE BUT NOT FOR ME. HOPE THIS HELPS.
Yea that's what I meant. Isn't it 2/0 Ga. Tho? I thought it was the same as what I put earlier. But yea that's what imma use. Isn't this guage typically used. What's everyone else using?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,353 Posts
Originally posted by Dylante63@Feb 8 2010, 09:05 PM~16553749
who sells the colored batt wire in the correct gauge? where do you guys get yours or does every one just pay a ton at the stereo shop? Thanks
I went to a stereo shop recently and he quoted me 3.99 a foot for 0 gauge blue battery wire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,631 Posts
OK SO IF IM RUNNING 6 BATTS TO THE FRONT WHAT GUAGE SIZE WOULD U RECOMEND IF WIRE?
 

·
~Maniako Enfermo~
Joined
·
8,364 Posts
SO IT IS SAFE TO USE STEREO WIRE 2/0 GAUGE FOR THE SOLENOID CONNECTIONS AND BATTERIES, AND DISSCONNECT?? I HAVE A TWO PUMP 4 BATTERY SETUP THAT I WANT TO REDO... SO WOULD IT BE A GO??
 

·
over it
Joined
·
6,640 Posts
Originally posted by BrownAzt3ka@Sep 9 2010, 11:59 AM~18524326
SO IT IS SAFE TO USE STEREO WIRE 2/0 GAUGE FOR THE SOLENOID CONNECTIONS AND BATTERIES, AND DISSCONNECT?? I HAVE A TWO PUMP 4 BATTERY SETUP THAT I WANT TO REDO... SO WOULD IT BE A GO??
I prefer welding cable since it's rated for higher amp and volt applications and handles high temps better. I see plent of guys using audio wire though. You want to use 0/1 wire if you go that route.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top