LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
OHH YEEEAH!!!!
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best location......
after the compressor before the tank or after the tank before the valves?

Seems like installing it after the tank (one with a drain-port) before the valves would be ideal as far as keeping the valves clean, but how much if any would it slow/restrict the airflow?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I usually install them between the compressor and the tank to keep the tank from filling with moisture. Puddles in the tank will cause rust to form and can clog valves. After the tank will work, but I dont feel it is as effective. Just my opinion. Most pple dont even install them, so if you look at it from that standpoint, its better than nothing.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Air filters not only collect some water, but they also keep debris from going into your tank and valves and bags. Definetly a good investment to have if you are riding on air.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Originally posted by nyccustomizer@Sep 28 2007, 11:13 AM~8888351
I usually install them between the compressor and the tank to keep the tank from filling with moisture.  Puddles in the tank will cause rust to form and can clog valves.  After the tank will work, but I dont feel it is as effective.  Just my opinion.  Most pple dont even install them, so if you look at it from that standpoint, its better than nothing.
mine were installed after the tank and they didn't do much. my tanks had a gallon or two of water in each when i took em out...

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
The best way is to put them between the comp and tank like that water wont collect in the tank. If you put them after the tank it does not do good cause water is going to collect in the tanks will benefit the valves but not the tank ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
what if you added one before the tank and after the tank to keep the tank safe and the valves safe it should slow anything down right.

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by maddogg20/20@Sep 28 2007, 09:57 AM~8888257
Whats the best location......
        after the compressor before the tank or after the tank before the valves?

Seems like installing it after the tank (one with a drain-port) before the valves would be ideal as far as keeping the valves clean, but how much if any would it slow/restrict the airflow?
after the comp and before the tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts