LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where or how did u guys (if any) learn to paint??...(i kno theres got to be a few painters here)

did you teach yourself or what?? if so, how long did it take to learn, and how long have you been painting?? :)

thanks........ :)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
BEEN DOIN IT SINCE I WAZ 16 IT ALL IVE EVER DONE :cool:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
just grab the gun, buy some paint, and go at it.

there's no teacher like experience!

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Sep 9 2003, 07:08 PM
just grab the gun, buy some paint, and go at it.

there's no teacher like experience!
thats what im thinkin, i only got a basic gun (the kind you get free when you buy most compressors) i guess i'll just have to get some paint and fire up the compressor before it starts to get cold.......

o yea.... any places to get some cheap paint for starters??? (obviously nothing really expensive or complex to use (yet) :biggrin: :cheesy: :biggrin:

thanks..

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
some napa stores or alimited number of o'reillys carry the cheapest shit

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
*** I guess I started out spray painting graffiti .... Then I was hire by family to paint snowmobile hoods with bomb can & made ike $30 per hood ...... that was a shit load back then ...... I did bike frames , 3-wheeler tanks, ect......... I learned to do good overlaps with bomb can -- made for good experience .. ;)

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
you should go to a junk yard and get you an astro delivery sliding door with out the window a couple of books and a good used gun and start fucking shit up. experiment learn and hold it in. thats how i started, and i am still learning

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
damn, thatks for the ttt..lol

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
doing it since i was 13 just teached my self bought a auto body book of ebay for 8 bucks and the rest is just history

1 - 14 of 14 Posts