LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just planning my set up and I would like your opinions on which valves would be the best for a fast system.

I have looked at the Air Lift valves and the Air Ride BigRed valves. The BigReds are quite expensive. Are they good value? If not, what would you recommend?

Thanks ;)

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
forget spool valves, they suck

thats my advice, other people like them though..

get some Parker style gold valves, lots of companies make them..

they have a higher CV than spool valves of the same port size..and have less of a tendency to leak down...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 216RIDER. I'll have a look around.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 1lorodeo.

What about the Air Lift Company 15mm orifice (1/2" ports) high flow valves. Cv= 5.5. I don't know what that means! I can't really find specifications on all the different valves so I can compare.

The Air Lift valves are at:

http://www.airliftcompany.com/easystreet/e...zindexframe.htm Go to 'Parts and Pieces' and choose 'Valves' - they are at the top of the page.

Last edited by M-827 at Oct 24 2003, 06:21 PM

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I know someone locally who will hit me round the head with a bat for nothing. Apparently he does it for charity :biggrin:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
thats great, I need hit like that from time to time :biggrin:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Originally posted by M-827@Oct 25 2003, 02:20 AM
Thanks 1lorodeo.

What about the Air Lift Company 15mm orifice (1/2" ports) high flow valves. Cv= 5.5. I don't know what that means! I can't really find specifications on all the different valves so I can compare.

The Air Lift valves are at:

http://www.airliftcompany.com/easystreet/e...zindexframe.htm Go to 'Parts and Pieces' and choose 'Valves' - they are at the top of the page.

those are the SMC 1/2" dude, I run 3/8's and they are even pretty fast

·
Registered
856 Posts
i also run 3/8 smc valves in my wagon and they are pretty fast. before i mounted the shocks i could get about 2 inches off the ground.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Best valve on the market is made by GC they are the only company out there that listened to people in the air ride industry and designed a valve specifically for our needs. Give Mike Mock at www.gravity-werx.com a call at (866) 778-7923 he will take the time to explain the difference in all the valves on the market. He has a lot of experience with all the valves out there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
MYself, My favorite valves have been the SMC 15mm, or the Blitzluft 1/2". We are having a sale on the blitzluft 1/2" right now $45.00/per vavle shipped to your door, them are 1/2" 250psi (we have seen em over 300psi no problems)

But there are many valves out there that are very good, some spendy, some cheap!! if you have any questions, just holla at me ill help ya out! lata!

Josh Schatz
JPKustoms.com Sales Manager

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for your replies everyone! :cheesy: I really appreciate all this advice because I am still learning.

I have had a good look at all the information. The GC valves seem to be the best (based on what people are saying about them), but I'm not sure I need that very high specification yet. I want a fast system to raise my car in a couple of seconds, but I don't need to go hopping (well, not quite yet anyway!)

I don't think I'll be going over 150psi with my system.

If I have 1/2" all through the system, will it still be 'slow' enough to make fine adjustments to the ride height, or is it going to go mad as soon as I touch a switch?

Thanks

:cheesy:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
mine has 1/2" and 175PSI, and when you hit up, it goes god damn up!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh! :0 How do you get to your ideal ride height? Is it possible to make fine adjustments with a 1/2" system?

Would I be better off going for 3/8" to start with? My car is a full size (nearly 2 tons) Oldsmobile. I just want to be able raise and lower it in 1-2 seconds, but not go flying!

I presume I could fit restrictors to the exhaust side so it comes down a bit slower, giving me some chance of finding my desired pressure/ride height.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
exactly, I reduced the fron dumps to 1/8"NPT, and the rears to 1/4"NPT

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks again! I can see that would be a good idea. I don't like the idea of crashing to the ground suddenly :0

Did you experiment with standard reducer fittings, or are they adjustable restrictors?

I have been looking at the Parker EM Series muffler/flow control valves. They look quite good.

Last edited by M-827 at Oct 26 2003, 07:14 PM

1 - 20 of 24 Posts