LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb question, but... In the pic below, which bracket is for the front and which one is for the rear? It is for my 83 cutlass supreme.

I'm pretty sure that the round bracket is for up front, and the triangle one is for the rear (the one that will be welded onto the axle)... but just needing some clarification before hand.

Jason

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
all the cups are for coils set up the flat bent one looks like it is for the rear like on either trailing arms or some kinda arms or bars or inside of the stock lower arms maby it could be for anything doesnt look like a direct over axel bracket but yeah the circle is front and the other is rear where are they from what web site

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, all the brackets shown are for front and rear coils springs, the kit is from pro-hopper, it is their universal setup, i already have the kit and everything, just wanted to confirm which brackets were which... i've never bagged a cutty before, i've always juiced them.

The rear brackets are supposed to be welded on and the rest is supposed to be bolt-on, that is all i know... i didn't get any type of info on anything when i got the kit, the plumbing was no problem - it only took a day for plumbing on both of the tanks and the wiring was simple to figure out too... i'm just not sure on exactly how the brackets go on.

anyone have pictures of a bagged cutty front and rear suspension shots? it would be *extremely* helpfull.

Jason

Last edited by oneclick at Aug 12 2003, 05:05 PM

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
um, ya, you have them labeled backwards..

the flat plate is the bottom front, it will lay into the lower control arm...

the cup for the back will sit where the old coil spring used to sit..

good luck, and post up pics when youre done!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Aug 12 2003, 07:42 PM
um, ya, you have them labeled backwards..

the flat plate is the bottom front, it will lay into the lower control arm...

the cup for the back will sit where the old coil spring used to sit..

good luck, and post up pics when youre done!
Yup, he's right. The plate is for the front lower and the pipe is for the rear lower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts