LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you think has the best shape and room to hit high dBs besides hatcbacks ? Thanks

Last edited by BoOtY_SnAtChA at Dec 14 2003, 08:45 PM

·
Registered
41 Posts
Originally posted by BoOtY_SnAtChA@Dec 10 2003, 07:26 PM
Which do you think is the best to hit dBs besides hatcbacks ? Thanks
CRXs seem to be a proven vehicle, but since you said no hatchback I would have to say Ford Explorers have done fairly well along with extended cab mid size trucks like rangers and S-10s

·
Registered
90 Posts
suvs are the worst their roofs flex like no other

·
Registered
807 Posts
Originally posted by peter@Dec 14 2003, 09:18 PM
suvs are the worst their roofs flex like no other
Nope....

Suv's actually do quite well in stock/street class spl competition.

A SUV has very good acoustic properties, and tons of room to work with.

As far as the roof being able to flex, it is true. But it is not necessarily a bad thing. I could explain why, but I'd rather not write a book. :cool:

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking of getting a '93 or 94 Fleetwood and taking out the rear seat and put a wall for 2 18's or 2 15's Strokers. Would that sound any good and also hit hard with everything sealed up ? Thanks

Last edited by BoOtY_SnAtChA at Dec 15 2003, 05:25 PM

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
actually big bodys are the worst if you want a hitting sound system. if you want an extreme sound system, get a truck or something, because those cadillacs are naturally hard to bass in... they've got like an inch of steel and insulation behind the backseat, and the trunk is practically airtight. unless you do some major cutting/improvising, you won't hit as hard

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So what would be better to put the system in the bed with a fiberglass cover or in the cab ? Or is better to just go with something like an Astro ? Thanks

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
i saw a truck with 8 15s in the bed once, he had a cover on it of course, and he had cut a hole from behind the back seat into the bed... he also had the back seats removed, so the bass just traveled right into the cab. it was badass. completely custom

·
Registered
584 Posts
Originally posted by BoOtY_SnAtChA@Dec 17 2003, 11:40 AM
So what would be better to put the system in the bed with a fiberglass cover or in the cab ? Or is better to just go with something like an Astro ? Thanks
If you have a pickup, do a cut-through and build a wall. Now for a big-body, you could also do a wall.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by ls123+Dec 17 2003, 09:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ls123 @ Dec 17 2003, 09:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BoOtY_SnAtChA@Dec 17 2003, 11:40 AM
If you have a pickup, do a cut-through and build a wall. Now for a big-body, you could also do a wall.[/b][/quote]
So which would you think would score higher on the mic an Explorer or Expedition. Im thinking of fitting something like 8 12's or 4 15's. Thanks.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Originally posted by BoOtY_SnAtChA+Dec 19 2003, 11:14 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BoOtY_SnAtChA @ Dec 19 2003, 11:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2003, 09:48 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--BoOtY_SnAtChA
@Dec 17 2003, 11:40 AM

If you have a pickup, do a cut-through and build a wall. Now for a big-body, you could also do a wall.
So which would you think would score higher on the mic an Explorer or Expedition. Im thinking of fitting something like 8 12's or 4 15's. Thanks.[/b][/quote]
Well, the Expedition would have more room so you would a little bit more space to fit extra equipment such as batteries and/or amplifiers. I never owned an Explorer or Expedition so I can't give you a definite answer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Originally posted by BoOtY_SnAtChA+Dec 19 2003, 12:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BoOtY_SnAtChA @ Dec 19 2003, 12:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2003, 09:48 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--BoOtY_SnAtChA
@Dec 17 2003, 11:40 AM

So which would you think would score higher on the mic an Explorer or Expedition. Im thinking of fitting something like 8 12's or 4 15's. Thanks.[/b][/quote]
One thing to consider if you are looking at buying an expedition. Try to find one that DOES NOT have the vented back windows. Those things leak so much air thats it rather hard to do as well as you could with the ones that do not vent. I have these vents on my navigator and hate them :angry:

PS. If you do 8 12s you will love it, been there done that :biggrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts