LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which clear is the best? I'm talkin bout the most glossy while still being good against UV rays over time. I want people to be scared to touch my car cause they think the paint is still wet.

Also, how many coats should I use to give the glossiest effect and to protect with out taking away from the actual paint and ice pearl?

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
i liked ppg clears.............

i would spray 3 coats...........that is plenty...........if you want to spray more coats.......you can then wetsand....then shoot more coats...........this is called flo clearing or flo coating..............

it's up to you....

·
Registered
403 Posts
chroma premier v75200 is the shit.excellent for uv holdout as well as beautiful buffouts. kinda expensive though .and if you were to wetsand and shoot more clear on it,the better the buff :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
949 Posts
use any the better name brand .. ie - hok,sikkens,standox,ppg,glasurit .. Apply 3 coats clear to get your depth then sand back and add another 1 coat for best flow out and gloss ..

Last edited by sabre at Oct 7 2003, 11:25 PM

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by jjj@Oct 29 2003, 02:46 PM
what grit is best for sanding clear when applying more clear? :biggrin:
1500 - 2000 and make sure it is plenty wet, i usually use a water bottle and hold it at the top of the panel and sqeeze it a bit so i always have a constant trickle of water to wash away the sanding debris and forgien material ( dirt etc)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Originally posted by jjj@Oct 30 2003, 07:46 AM
what grit is best for sanding clear when applying more clear? :biggrin:
-- any clear work I use between 600 - 1000 which is ample ..

Last edited by sabre at Oct 30 2003, 03:35 PM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts