LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just something i was thinking about which do you have more respect for someone who builds their own rides or a shop built ride. I think i have more respect for the person who is trying to do it thierself than sending it to someone that builds the car for them. but still i cant take away anything from the cars that are because the quality in those rides are A+. But to me when i see a ride that someone has put their own blood,sweat, and tears into you can feel the pride that they hold for it. just my 2 cents :cool:

·
Registered
22,706 Posts
Tricky question homie. I did my own interior, and light body work, but that shit is getting send to the body shop for everything else. Its hard to not have the same respect seeing as some are too busy to do all the work, or some just dont know how and need a shop to do it. Either way, if the ride comes out good, major respect for whoever built it

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
I look at shop built rides with a much more critical eye than a ride someone built at home by themselves or with some homies.

with a home built ride I think I expect to see flaws and can overlook them to a degree. but when i see the same shit on a "professionally" built car, it's like a smack in the face...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would say respect for both sides,It's your money gonig in to the shop.You work hard for your money,so I have respect for both. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by USMC_DevilDawg@Oct 2 2006, 05:03 PM~6290650
Tricky question homie. I did my own interior, and light body work, but that shit is getting send to the body shop for everything else. Its hard to not have the same respect seeing as some are too busy to do all the work, or some just dont know how and need a shop to do it. Either way, if the ride comes out good, major respect for whoever built it
dont get me wrong i realize that most people cant do it all i cant for i have to have my friend spray my car it just seems that people that do their own work that may not exactly be A+ dont get a lot of credit sometimes

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Some people have more money than time.... some people have more time than money.... either way is cool, as long as nothing gets half assed.

·
Registered
22,706 Posts
Originally posted by villen92@Oct 2 2006, 06:14 PM~6290744
dont get me wrong i realize that most people cant do it all i cant for i have to have my friend spray my car it just seems that people that do their own work that may not exactly be A+ dont get a lot of credit sometimes
thats true, but its pride of saying you did your own shit and not give it to a shop if its something you can do yourself

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I got nothing but respect for those riders who build their rides from
the ground up. For them riders who know every last nut and bolt on
their ride. I've invested not only hard earned cash into my car, but
also alot of blood, sweat, and tears. You could even say that I've even
shared a few heart aches and hard times with my ride. My car is
a form of expression. An extension of me.

But I do also see on how there are some things I don't know how to
do. For that I look to my fellow club members to help me out. However
there are some riders who ride solo and don't count on that type of
support. I still got mad respect for them if the cash they invest on
fixing up their ride is earned honestly. Other wise it ain't a form of
expression. It's just another accessory.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Originally posted by Lucky_863@Oct 3 2006, 06:58 AM~6294582
I got nothing but respect for those riders who build their rides from
the ground up. For them riders who know every last nut and bolt on
their ride. I've invested not only hard earned cash into my car, but
also alot of blood, sweat, and tears. You could even say that I've even
shared a few heart aches and hard times with my ride. My car is
a form of expression. An extension of me.

But I do also see on how there are some things I don't know how to
do. For that I look to my fellow club members to help me out. However
there are some riders who ride solo and don't count on that type of
support. I still got mad respect for them if the cash they invest on
fixing up their ride is earned honestly. Other wise it ain't a form of
expression. It's just another accessory.

I like this... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Word homie...

Just how I feel... I put in my wrench time and I'm proud of it.

·
Premium Member
7,431 Posts
Some people have more money than time.... some people have more time than money.... either way is cool, as long as nothing gets half assed.
I agree. The funny thing is, you never see people that have much more money than time/talent dogging people that have to build their car at home, piece by piece; but you see the opposite ALL THE FUCKING TIME. THAT is one of the most misused terms on LIL: hating. If you half ass something and someone calls you out, everyone is quick to yell "hater", but sorry guys, that isn't "hating" that's telling the truth.

·
Registered
10 Posts
as long as the owner has a hand on what the final oulook (paint, wheels, interior etc.) it doesn't matter who does the car up, as long it is what the owner wants

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Oct 2 2006, 05:12 PM~6290723
I look at shop built rides with a much more critical eye than a ride someone built at home by themselves or with some homies.

with a home built ride I think I expect to see flaws and can overlook them to a degree.  but when i see the same shit on a "professionally" built car, it's like a smack in the face...
My thoughts exactly

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
i most defenetly have more respect for people who built their own rides, your ride its a badge of honor and a symbol of self worth and at the end you can say i my self made it happened, even if the doors dont aling and it looks like i painted it with a paint brush, none of the tires match and i have all my accesories to my bomba but none of them work, last but not least when you have to roll up your windows and it falls of the track, I can say i made it happen!! so keep those blood sweat and beers coming cuz i am rootting for the little guy.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
for me, its not a matter of respect, but i can relate more to the people that build their own cars... i understand that not everyone has the means to build a car, shit, i see that many of us have a hard enough time keeping up with all our tools...

i have respect for anyone that is a real rider, so if you build your own, and pull it out to cruise and have some fun, to me, you're no different that the homie that paid a shop to do his switches, paint, etc... as long as you're both out riding, having fun, and the cars look good... you're the same riders to me......

·
33 YEARS OF BROTHERHOOD
4,310 Posts
I have done both build my own and I have had shops build some rides also. Its what works at the time.

·
Registered
16,802 Posts
I can't do everything because I either don't have the tools, space or time. What I can do, I will handle it, or have one of my members do it. If I had the money to send my car to a one stop shop...............I would. ;)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
The only thing i send out to be done is the body work and paint (although i will strip the car of its moldings, chrome, windows and interior), and the seats & headliner. Pretty much everything else I can do. As for the question, I got to respect the riders that build or help build their rides as opposed to someone that buys a built ride, although I see nothing wrong if you got the cash or got no wrenching skills to just buy a done up ride. :cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts