LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, getting a 80s style box caprice or early 80s olds 98 and im tryin to plan it out

so far ive got the crate 350 with a baby supercharger

and ive got the air suspension stuff and the audio system

figured i would go with a kandy cobalt blue or a chromalusion blue

soooo, its coming down to rims

at this point, i could go old school or go with some big rims

if i went old school, i prolly would want some 14 or 15s with bullethead and a medium whitewall, prolly would want to go with the 15 so i can have some road clearance since im a big dude and usually ride with 3 other people so its a packed car, and with the 15s i could ride around and not worry about scrubbing like with big wheels, but i dont know if im gonna have to go carefully over railroad tracks like if i had rubberband tires

the other side of me wants to go with some 20 or 22 inch wires (ie like 180 or 204 spoke), they fill out the tirewell nice, they look pretty, and they give a little more height on the vehicle, but the thing is, is that if i load people in the car, the rims might scrub and mess up the tire (but had a buddy say that 13,14 and 15s are played out and will always be played out and go with some bigboy rims that wont be played out)

so its one of those size versus function, and yes there is a difference between price, but then there is the old and new school difference, but whenever im in this car i usually roll deep and sorta goin for that gangsta/"affrican" look, since its the south

and ya ,all of yall are gonna say that its up to me to decide because everyone has their own taste and opinion, but im trying to get some input to help me decide

·
Registered
281 Posts
well looking at the other stuff you have done to your car my opinion is since its not gonna be hopping dont got small go big
Im from the South and we ride big down here if you came riding around on small rims *shakes head* got at least 20s

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
forgot to mention that the rims would most likely be all chrome with some gold nipples

cause i dont think would go with teh tripple gold look with the rims, cause i dont like the gold hubs

or if price is right, i might go with some all golds

and even though i wont be goin juice, im gonna be hittin the switches like a mofo, just clowin around, so i dont know bout 20s cause im one of those that could dent a rim while hittin a large side, cause air suspensions are my specialty, im goin with 3/4 inch valves, and with 15s i prolly could lay frame so no one could steal the car

Last edited by full foot notch at Aug 3 2003, 05:16 PM

·
Registered
918 Posts
Originally posted by 87cutlass@Aug 3 2003, 04:08 PM
well looking at the other stuff you have done to your car my opinion is since its not gonna be hopping dont got small go big
Im from the South and we ride big down here if you came riding around on small rims *shakes head* got at least 20s
shit I'm from da south ad I got 13's on my Monte Carlo and I don't give a fuck what people gotta say most of da bitches be loving the lowrider look anyways to me BIG rims are ignorant, commercial as hell, and played out just my opinion though

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by PCLoLo+Aug 3 2003, 10:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PCLoLo @ Aug 3 2003, 10:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--87cutlass@Aug 3 2003, 04:08 PM
shit I'm from da south ad I got 13's on my Monte Carlo and I don't give a fuck what people gotta say most of da bitches be loving the lowrider look anyways to me BIG rims are ignorant, commercial as hell, and played out just my opinion though[/b][/quote]
damn right

·
Registered
918 Posts
people seem to think the only way to hook up a car or truck is with 20s or up when you don't have to have em to have a nice car if you know how to customize. I 've seen some bad ass cars and trucks that didn't have "dubs" on em and I've seen cars and trucks look crappy with 20 or up on em so 20's ain't for everyone. Personally I'll ride any rim size I want and who ever has a problem with it when they can the buy rims for my car then can they criticize my shit

Last edited by PCLoLo at Aug 3 2003, 04:41 PM

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hell right now on my tahoe im runnin some 16s on redneck rims and everyone is like "oh throw some 22s on that bitch)

but then again my shoes are bigger than my rims, size 18 ;)

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by PCLoLo@Aug 3 2003, 10:41 PM
people seem to think the only way to hook up a car or truck is with 20s or up when you don't have to have em to have a nice car if you know how to customize. I 've seen some bad ass cars and trucks that didn't have "dubs" on em and I've seen cars and trucks look crappy with 20 or up on em so 20's ain't for everyone. Personally I'll ride any rim size I want and who ever has a problem with it when they can the buy rims for my car then can they criticize my shit
fuck 20's most cars look like shit on 20's except big ass expensive luxury cars.
do what you want not what everybody else wants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Originally posted by dayton roller+Aug 3 2003, 05:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dayton roller @ Aug 3 2003, 05:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--PCLoLo@Aug 3 2003, 10:41 PM
people seem to think the only way to hook up a car or truck is with 20s or up when you don't have to have em to have a nice car if you know how to customize. I 've seen some bad ass cars and trucks that didn't have "dubs" on em and I've seen cars and trucks look crappy with 20 or up on em so 20's ain't for everyone.  Personally I'll ride any rim size  I want and who ever has a problem with it when they can the buy rims for my car then can they criticize my shit
fuck 20's most cars look like shit on 20's except big ass expensive luxury cars.
do what you want not what everybody else wants!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b][/quote]
shit I love my Mclean 13's to death wouldn't trade any day for no damn 20's on my Monte Carlo plus I love when the ladies be like hit the switch I just smile b/c I ain't got juice yet but soon I will...

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Originally posted by 87cutlass@Aug 3 2003, 05:08 PM
because you guys cant think for yourself..and have to decide what to buy from watching a rap video..like the fools a few years ago..everybody had to have a lowrider because they seen it in a video...people need to wuit being trend followers and learn to think for your selves...

·
Registered
281 Posts
the point of my post was not to put small rims down he can put 13s if he wants too and it wont look good. 20s suit his car better diff rims for dif cars

Last edited by 87cutlass at Aug 3 2003, 07:16 PM

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, its one of those, ive seen caprices on 13-15s and 20s and they both look great when done right

tonight helped a buddy put some bolt on 15s on his cutty supreme, and tomorrow hes gettin some new whitewalls cause the ones that he got with them are dryrotted, but he got the whole set for $100

and anyone in the orlando area, that lookin for some rims, where buddy got his, was at the magic mall outside, somethin like he had some 14" 100 spoke players with tires for $500, tires still even got the rubber nipples on the treat

·
Registered
918 Posts
Originally posted by 87cutlass@Aug 3 2003, 07:16 PM
the point of my post was not to put small rims down he can put 13s if he wants too and it wont look good. 20s suit his car better diff rims for dif cars
why won't his car look good I've seen plenty of Caprices on 13s?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Originally posted by JokerManN808+Aug 3 2003, 07:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JokerManN808 @ Aug 3 2003, 07:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--87cutlass@Aug 3 2003, 05:08 PM
because you guys cant think for yourself..and have to decide what to buy from watching a rap video..like the fools a few years ago..everybody had to have a lowrider because they seen it in a video...people need to wuit being trend followers and learn to think for your selves...[/b][/quote]
We cant think for our self please your are telling me IM following a trend by putting 20s on my car what are you doing ?? you let a few people on here determine what a traditional lowrider is (og) (13 - 15s only) and thats what yall follow so I see it as you cant think for yourself either

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by PCLoLo+Aug 4 2003, 11:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PCLoLo @ Aug 4 2003, 11:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--87cutlass@Aug 3 2003, 07:16 PM
why won't his car look good I've seen plenty of Caprices on 13s?[/b][/quote]
man 13's would look good as hell on his caprice 20's look crap on the box style caprices but they look good on the bubble style ones

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well ive been looking around, and i think some 14s on something like vogues, or copper classic 2 tires

deciding if i want standard mount or reverse mount, cause i think standard mount will work,but i like the deep dish look of the reverse mount, but im afraid that it will stick out some and not tuck nicely, and that it will put a little more stress on the balljoint than with a standard mount rim

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
Originally posted by 87cutlass+Aug 4 2003, 06:37 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (87cutlass @ Aug 4 2003, 06:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2003, 07:15 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--87cutlass
@Aug 3 2003, 05:08 PM

because you guys cant think for yourself..and have to decide what to buy from watching a rap video..like the fools a few years ago..everybody had to have a lowrider because they seen it in a video...people need to wuit being trend followers and learn to think for your selves...
We cant think for our self please your are telling me IM following a trend by putting 20s on my car what are you doing ?? you let a few people on here determine what a traditional lowrider is (og) (13 - 15s only) and thats what yall follow so I see it as you cant think for yourself either[/b][/quote]
I never said anything about 13's having on every car but you were the one who said people in the south ride big rims and you were the one started putting small rims down so I just defended 13 or 14 inch riders in th south I don't wanna be like everyone in the south and ride 20s thats just me

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Originally posted by full foot notch@Aug 4 2003, 01:02 AM

so its one of those size versus function, and yes there is a difference between price, but then there is the old and new school difference, but whenever im in this car i usually roll deep and sorta goin for that gangsta/"affrican" look, since its the south

what exactly is the ,,,,"gangsta/"affrican" look" ????

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Originally posted by 87cutlass+Aug 4 2003, 07:37 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (87cutlass @ Aug 4 2003, 07:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2003, 07:15 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--87cutlass
@Aug 3 2003, 05:08 PM

We cant think for our self please your are telling me IM following a trend by putting 20s on my car what are you doing ?? you let a few people on here determine what a traditional lowrider is (og) (13 - 15s only) and thats what yall follow so I see it as you cant think for yourself either[/b][/quote]
i dont care what anybody says on here..could care less...i was born and raised around lowriders....i've watched alot people change there styles soon as they seen other people or seen some rapper on tv has...most the people that get those tonka wheels only do it because they want to be like people on tv...i never said it dont look good...but some people need to learn those wheels dont fit on every car out there..if you car sitts higher then my pick up..thats a sign your wheels are to big... and i am thinking for myself...i'm still a lowrider...and i didnt got out and buy some 20's because i seen some black dude on tv have them...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts