LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like I said I am fairly new to lowrider bikes, but the first time I saw a lowrider bike slammed to the ground I was like, "WTF?!?", but I assumed that there was a quick and easy way to bring the bike up so that you could ride it. This is not really the case though. Unless you have some expensive hydro suspension setup you're either slammed to the ground or up at stock height to ride...and going back and forth isn't all that easy. If I could have my bike any way I would want it as low as possible without touching, but all the "down crowns" you can buy take it entirely too low. So what are you guys into? Do you actually ride the bike or do you use the pedal as an alternative kickstand and wheel it everywhere?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
:biggrin: mine used to be slammed 24/7 ....just don't take any sharp turns or it's over !!!!! :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Pot Head Poster
5,169 Posts
I got a custom spring made by a family member so my trike is slammed to the ground but it will still ride because the pedals are about an inch off the ground.

·
Registered
168 Posts
nice bike :tongue: :happysad: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to bike designs in my head right now. One of them calls for the pedals to be extremely close to the ground, but still rideable. Windex, did your fam just cut the spring? How hard was that and how many coils did he take out of a stock spring. Could you heat the spring like they do for cars sometimes? what if I heat it over my stove or something?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Originally posted by bluebyrd86@Sep 6 2005, 11:27 AM~3762196
:biggrin: mine used to be slammed 24/7 ....just don't take any sharp turns or it's over !!!!! :biggrin:
Im liking this :biggrin:

·
Pot Head Poster
5,169 Posts
Originally posted by Sarcastik@Sep 6 2005, 05:08 PM~3763942
I have to bike designs in my head right now. One of them calls for the pedals to be extremely close to the ground, but still rideable. Windex, did your fam just cut the spring? How hard was that and how many coils did he take out of a stock spring. Could you heat the spring like they do for cars sometimes? what if I heat it over my stove or something?
We found a spring at Home Depot and underneath the spring is a bolt. I had the bolt cut to replace the stock bolt and spring put it. I'll take a picture of it when i can.

·
Pot Head Poster
5,169 Posts
Originally posted by lil giz@Sep 6 2005, 02:08 PM~3762723
nice bike :tongue:  :happysad:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:
Quiet toddler

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
rideable (but doesn't mean youo ride it because your a lazy fucker)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts