LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of my car being stuck in one place every time I have a hydraulic problem. The springs are real short and it lays on the ground, not even driveable. It's a 63 w/ a 350. I still want it to be pretty low when dumped but at least driveable. I'd like to hop it a little here and there also but not neck-breaking stiff when I drive it. What do you guys suggest? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
get more reliable hydraulics?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
yeah, you just gotta cut the coil to whaever height you want...just remember the more you cut the more performance you'll loose

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
why do your hydraulics keep breaking?

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why do your hydraulics keep breaking?
Well for a while the batts were dead and I didn't have a charger. Now they're all charged up and I think I have a bad solenoid or two. Just get a click when I hit the switch, first it was just the back pump and now it's the front too. Running 6 batts in series. I have a leak at the check valve on the back pump so it will dump slowly whether I want it to or not. I'm new at all this so I'm just learning as I go.

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Originally posted by 3onthree@Sep 12 2005, 05:17 PM~3800882
those are all cheap fixes

agreed go see Mikey at OC HOP SHOP off of 2nd and raitt in Santa Ana he will take care of you

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
agreed go see Mikey at OC HOP SHOP off of 2nd and raitt in Santa Ana he will take care of you
Thanks I'd rather learn by doing the work myself but it's good to know there's a shop in SA. Didn't know of any hydraulics shops in OC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts