LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm getting ready to do some changes on my 1964 Chevrolet Impala! I'm wanting to change the rear end out with something stronger but not sure what? Also wanting to know if the 700R4 transmission is a better ticket so that I can switch from spokes to original if wanted to have less wear and tear on the motor and transmission. Can somebody who know's let me know looking to do it the rite way the first time.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by 1downkat@Feb 14 2010, 02:30 PM~16610135
Ok, I'm getting ready to do some changes on my 1964 Chevrolet Impala! I'm wanting to change the rear end out with something stronger but not sure what? Also wanting to know if the 700R4 transmission is a better ticket so that I can switch from spokes to original if wanted to have less wear and tear on the motor and transmission. Can somebody who know's let me know looking to do it the rite way the first time.

most prefer the ford 9 but they arent cheap, so the other option is the toyota axle which is available in different lengths incase u want to r un skirts, also they will have disc brakes in the rear instead of drums and are strong as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts