LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have pics of white candy or a pearl color candy, or maybe something white with flakes in it??

thinking of what this might look like

whatchoo think!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Originally posted by cadillacart@Jan 9 2004, 10:52 PM
does anyone have pics of white candy or a pearl color candy, or maybe something white with flakes in it??

whatchoo think!!
I don't got any pics man, but a couple years back I did an Impala roof in something called ICE PEARL from House of Colors and the shit looked off the hook! Like a white that had flakes and in some lights a silver contrast to it. Hard to explain. Anyone used it as well?? You might want to look into it though as it was gorgous on the car!!!

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I would love to have that car :0

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
i would also like to see a white car with a pearl or a silver flake in it. been thinking of clearing the linc again.

Last edited by stankin85 at Jan 10 2004, 02:46 AM

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard of that ice pearl, HOK does it don't they?? I think I've seen blue, and it almost looks like crystals on the car

I like it alot, I bet it would look real nice in white, prolly look all icy huh, hmm ;)

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by cadillacart@Jan 10 2004, 03:33 AM
I've heard of that ice pearl, HOK does it don't they?? I think I've seen blue, and it almost looks like crystals on the car

I like it alot, I bet it would look real nice in white, prolly look all icy huh, hmm ;)
HEY MAN POST THE LINC TO YOU HOMEPAGE. I WANT TO LOOK AT THAT CAR . TIGHT ASS RIDE. WANNA SELL IT! :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
one of the rides in my club has a white roof with a very light silver flake and white pearl or something... just the roof but it looks fukin clean as hell!!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
----------cadillacart
there is no such thing as white candy.
there are many pearls, but also not white.
alot of people shoot silver pearl over white and call it white pearl.
there are also some irridesent flakes that might go well with white,
just be carefull, ive seen people shoot flakes over white and it looks like elementary school glitter!!

the linc is off the hook, i have a 67 convert myself.
good luck and keep the linc going!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Originally posted by orange@Jan 10 2004, 06:54 AM
one of the rides in my club has a white roof with a very light silver flake and white pearl or something... just the roof but it looks fukin clean as hell!!
Fo real huh!! That shit makes them Impala roofs just look off the hook. Anytime I do a white top we shoot that ICE PEARL to give it a nice flaked custom look. And in the sun it's just too much!! Really sets Impalas roofline off!! I'd like to see a whole car done like that. Was gonna do a rag 64 that color about 3 years ago but sold the car. But it looks like a silver in there and lots of flake huh. And different angles bring out different shit on it!! It was pretty spendy as most House of Color stuff is but well worth it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am thinkin of sellin it just because it needs a rebuilt engine and some other work and plus the lac's not finished yet, so I'm being pulled in different directions right now,

I thought a dark (black maybe) body flaked and a pearl flake on the rook would look hot on this car

any ways I'll catch yall lata

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
*** I got me a 2oz can of HOK white ice pearls for my roof ...... That plus kandy patterns ----off the Rocker !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

I am just loving those Ice pearls!!

Just try sandwiching them between a dark base and bright candy!!

You will just drop when you see that effect!!!

I can't even start to explane it!!

Fwck Chomelian paint
Ice pearls is the way real custome painters get paint to change ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Originally posted by MyFamiliaCC@Jan 16 2004, 12:59 AM

I am just loving those Ice pearls!!

Just try sandwiching them between a dark base and bright candy!!

You will just drop when you see that effect!!!

I can't even start to explane it!!

Fwck Chomelian paint
Ice pearls is the way real custome painters get paint to change ;)

i have heard all about using different ground coats then pearl coats, to give unique colors.
but without having the time and the money to experiment on the effect, can you expand on what you wrote (i.e. what the difference between darker groung coats instead of lighter ones.)

thanks man.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I was looking for a pic, but couldn't find one. So I'll try to explaine.

When I first starting playing with ice I noticed how trasperant the white ice was when there wasn't any direct light to reflect. Whe the direct light hit it, it had an intence flake like breliance.

That gave me an idea, So I did some experamenting.

On a 1'x1' test panel I layed down a cinder red base
Then a layer of white ice in a midcoat clear
followed by 4 coats of pagen gold candy
and cleard it all

Just by looking at it. The color apeard to be a deep red orenge, but as soon as we took it out on the sun. The ice perls reflected all the light through the yellow Making the test panel change color.

from red orenge in low light to bright yellow were ever it reflected light!!

The efect was realy dramatic. I think it is way better then komelion paint. couse it is brighter and doesn't go through to many color hues just two way defrent colors.

I plan to do an intire car like this later this spring so I'll post pics of that for sure.

In the mean time you guys should all eperament with other color combos and stuff

·
Registered
261 Posts
MyFamiliaCC
thats sounds pretty cool.
so experimenting is the only way then..

ok cool i think, when i am ready to paint car, a few test panels will be done first.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Originally posted by impalasonly+Jan 9 2004, 10:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (impalasonly @ Jan 9 2004, 10:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cadillacart@Jan 9 2004, 10:52 PM

whatchoo think!!
I don't got any pics man, but a couple years back I did an Impala roof in something called ICE PEARL from House of Colors and the shit looked off the hook! Like a white that had flakes and in some lights a silver contrast to it. Hard to explain. Anyone used it as well?? You might want to look into it though as it was gorgous on the car!!![/b][/quote]
the white on my caprice is ice pearl

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Originally posted by cadillacart@Jan 9 2004, 10:52 PM
<span style='color:blue'>
I can't believe I mised this earlyer, but I don't think they make a "WHITE" candy. Or I'm I wroung?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts