LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Out of bleach white and sos pads which one is best?

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Originally posted by OakCliffRider@Nov 8 2003, 04:11 PM
What is the best way to clean my whitewalls?
SOS PADS ARE THE BEST. ON MY VOGUES I USE COME AND A STIFF PLASTIC BRISTLE BRUSH. ;)

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Originally posted by TEGOJUA+Nov 8 2003, 11:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TEGOJUA @ Nov 8 2003, 11:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--OakCliffRider@Nov 8 2003, 04:11 PM
What is the best way to clean my whitewalls?
SOS PADS ARE THE BEST. ON MY VOGUES I USE COME AND A STIFF PLASTIC BRISTLE BRUSH. ;)[/b][/quote]
OOPS COMET AND STIFF BRISTLE BRUSH :uh:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
iw always wondered if you clean your white walls too much will they begin to fade?

is it possible to clean your whites too much to where they'll start to peel or fade away to black?

or are whitewalls actually white rubber cut into black rubber?

bleche white is the best!

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by Torx@Nov 10 2003, 02:32 AM
iw always wondered if you clean your white walls too much will they begin to fade?

is it possible to clean your whites too much to where they'll start to peel or fade away to black?

or are whitewalls actually white rubber cut into black rubber?

bleche white is the best!
MOST tires have a black side and a white side. so if you cut a tire in half you could see the white and black. so i dont think its going to peel off. i think that bleaching them to much might be bad, my oll man told me that if i used it to much the white would turn colors :uh: i dont know i just use bleach white for a touch up on the road :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Originally posted by OakCliffRider@Nov 8 2003, 09:05 PM
What about Eagle One Tire Wipes?
those contain tire shine and are used as a tire dressing AFTER u clean them. get a stiff bristled brush with bleach white and scrub and the whites will be clean as hell.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Originally posted by Torx@Nov 10 2003, 09:32 AM

I wondered the same thing b/c when I was my whitewalls w/ SOS or blechwhite and a rag some white comes off onto the rag like the whitewall is getting rubbed off? is that bad or normal? I keep them clean but Im afraid Im clean'n them too hard?

·
Registered
8 Posts
White rubber is a natural compound. You should not use bleaching agents or any any other harsh chemicals, because it will eat at the rubber.

Just use a plastic brush, and any mild cleaner, like simple green.

The problem you might have is with the carbon black bleeding through from the black underwall, if so, they won't ever come clean.

your other thing you can try if you get scuffs is use really fine sand paper (anything over 1000 grit and use wet) and lightly sand the rubber down to some whiter rubber, just be careful on how much you sand. :thumbsup:

Last edited by bws77 at Nov 11 2003, 10:09 AM

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH RUBBER DRYING OUT. THATS PROBABLY WHERE TIRE DRESSING, ARMOUR ALL COMES IN IT'S LIKE LOTION FOR TIRES.
AS FAR AS WHITE COMING OFF OF WHITE WALL THE ONLY WAY I SEEN THAT HAPPEN IS FROM OLD TIRES SITTIN OUT AND NOT TAKEN CARE OF. ;)

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by TwOtYme@Nov 8 2003, 04:27 PM
bleach white or sos pads !
;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts