LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking for someone to chrome some plastic parts for me. does anyone know who does this,and around how much they charge.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
what up homies? I use Chrome Tech USA. their awesome but expensive. I sent out 5 6"X8" rectangle shaped racks and with shipping it came out to $110. I had a 61 impala's complete engine, radiator, firewall, suspension, driveshaft basically everything but the chassis pan (molded frame and belly) for $60. Plus a 63 amigo impala's frame, suspension and full engine compartment for $35. 2 kits!! bt well worth it. 100% better than kit chrome.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i do the bare metal foil, and the silver paint thing. but is there any other way?

ive seen some type chrome paint on one of my homies aztec calenders that he got from Mexico. it looks like the paint is thick. has anyone tried that?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf@Jul 21 2003, 11:46 PM
i do the bare metal foil, and the silver paint thing. but is there any other way?

ive seen some type chrome paint on one of my homies aztec calenders that he got from Mexico. it looks like the paint is thick. has anyone tried that?
"ALCLAD" chrome..... you can get a bottle and airbrush it on or you can get it in a spray can. it's EXPENSIVE though. $12.00 + tax for a 4 ounce can. :ugh: lol

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
When I used it it looked dull. Then the second time I used it it shined. It has to be COMPLETELY dry before you touch it because your hands can dull it. But if you spray a coat of water based clear like the model master acryl, it really shines and is protected from the oils in your hands.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by Models IV Life@Jul 22 2003, 12:17 AM
When I used it it looked dull. Then the second time I used it it shined. It has to be COMPLETELY dry before you touch it because your hands can dull it. But if you spray a coat of water based clear like the model master acryl, it really shines and is protected from the oils in your hands.
I started using alclad too, I didn't know that a clear would work. Acryl scares me though since it's white in the bottle and I've had problems before. I use Chrome+ in Canada, he takes a LOOOONG time, but his stuff is better than ChromeTech. Not to dog on ChromeTech, but he's just a middleman, if your stuff isn't racked up, he'll rack it for you and then send it to someone else to actually plate it-he doesn't own any of the plating machines. Look up Plastics-Plating in the phone book, you might find someone local to help. Be careful though, I did that once, and all my shit yellowed, sort of a lite gold now :( I'm switching to Alclad, mostly because of the cost. But I'll probably still have the big pieces like bumpers and grilles pro done.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa+Jul 22 2003, 07:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigPoppa @ Jul 22 2003, 07:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Models IV Life@Jul 22 2003, 12:17 AM
I started using alclad too, I didn't know that a clear would work. Acryl scares me though since it's white in the bottle and I've had problems before. I use Chrome+ in Canada, he takes a LOOOONG time, but his stuff is better than ChromeTech. Not to dog on ChromeTech, but he's just a middleman, if your stuff isn't racked up, he'll rack it for you and then send it to someone else to actually plate it-he doesn't own any of the plating machines. Look up Plastics-Plating in the phone book, you might find someone local to help. Be careful though, I did that once, and all my shit yellowed, sort of a lite gold now :( I'm switching to Alclad, mostly because of the cost. But I'll probably still have the big pieces like bumpers and grilles pro done.

K. Diaz[/b][/quote]
YEAH SOMEONE ELSE TOLD ME THAT HE WAS THE MIDDLE MAN. OH WELL. SEE I DIDNT WANT TO HAVE TO SEND MY STUFF TO CANADA. HOW LONG DO THEY TAKE TO PLATE YOUR STUFF? YEAH SOMEONE TOLD ME TRY USE THE ACRYL CLEAR AND I THOUGHT THE SAME THING UNTIL I TRIED IT AND IT WORKED. ME PERSONALY I LIKE THE CHROME.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa+Jul 22 2003, 10:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigPoppa @ Jul 22 2003, 10:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Models IV Life@Jul 22 2003, 12:17 AM

K. Diaz[/b][/quote]
Hey BigPoppa do you know if he does gold plating ?

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by fabfiveprez@Jul 22 2003, 08:44 PM
and can someone tell me how they vaccuum the chrome on it, i wanna buy a system to do my own and do some for u peeps :biggrin:
I just talked to Chrome+, he bought his machine used, non running, with a 72" opening for $75,000 Canadian. New it would be $200,000

K. Diaz

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa+Jul 22 2003, 11:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigPoppa @ Jul 22 2003, 11:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--fabfiveprez@Jul 22 2003, 08:44 PM
and can someone tell me how they vaccuum the chrome on it, i wanna buy a system to do my own and do some for u peeps  :biggrin:
I just talked to Chrome+, he bought his machine used, non running, with a 72" opening for $75,000 Canadian. New it would be $200,000

K. Diaz[/b][/quote]
NVM that bull shit

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Jul 22 2003, 11:39 PM
Who? Chrome+? Yes he does, plus brass (a little darker), and red and blue adonizing. I'm not sure about Chrometech, I think he does gold.

K. Diaz
Yeah Chrome +, do they have a site ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts