LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whas guud rydaz? I saw it on here once b4 but cant recal the car. what im tryin to do is make it where my back window can roll up and down. i found a track for it in a limo, but does anyone have any info on how to perform this procedure?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
i seen that same topic. i was gona do that. but thats too much work for me. try to find a tailgate off of a wagon. and pull it apart and use the track off of it. im sure you are gona have to cut and weld. but it can be done. good luck to you. make a topic if you do it. i'll be looking forward to seeing it. :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
try 1 off of a mecury 70 i think, also came out on aftermarket for a 80 vette check those two out the only think is those 2 windows were stright up and down , dont know what year your caddy is ,hope that helps laterz

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a 81 coupe, do you think the track from the limo will work. im thinking it should. if anybodys has seen that topic let me know

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by 817HUSTLER@Feb 7 2010, 10:21 AM~16538286
i have a 81 coupe, do you think the track from the limo will work. im thinking it should. if anybodys has seen that topic let me know
those have a pretty strait piece of glass in em-shouldnt be real terrible to fab it up-now me on the other hand i got a 95 fleet-gettin that bubble glass to go down is a whole other monster lol :cool:

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
Originally posted by CaddyKid253@Feb 6 2010, 08:56 PM~16534564
i seen that same topic. i was gona do that. but thats too much work for me. try to find a tailgate off of a wagon. and pull it apart and use the track off of it. im sure you are gona have to cut and weld. but it can be done. good luck to you. make a topic if you do it. i'll be looking forward to seeing it. :cool:
x2!

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
Originally posted by Firefly@Feb 7 2010, 02:17 PM~16539874
I think this is the pic you're talking about :cool:

oh shit! :0

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
i was just thinking though, if you make the rear glass roll down, it might obstruct a common hydraulic setup...

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by Firefly+Feb 7 2010, 02:17 PM~16539874-->

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-HARDLUCK88
@Feb 7 2010, 03:15 PM~16540279
oh shit!  :0
i've done that..... scrapped the project tho... :) :(

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by Firefly@Feb 7 2010, 03:17 PM~16539874

all the glass is in-im confused-i wanna se it with the glass half dow-that way i know its just not a broken window :cheesy:

·
-------------------------
3,986 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Feb 8 2010, 04:51 AM~16542778
all the glass is in-im confused-i wanna se it with the glass half dow-that way i know its just not a broken window  :cheesy:
I'm not talking about the rear window, I'm talking about the quarter windows :happysad:

I think the rear window would look really weird and pointless.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
THERES A BLACK 2 DOOR FLEETWOOD THAT HAS IT ON 1 OF MY DVDS & IT WAS IN LRM NOT A COVER CAR BOTH 1/4 & BACK GLASS WENT DOWN IT LOOKED GOOD THE OLD MERCURYS HAD THAT BACK IN I THINK THE LATE 60S .

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by Firefly@Feb 8 2010, 07:59 AM~16547182
I'm not talking about the rear window, I'm talking about the quarter windows  :happysad:

yeah i was thinkin maybe you meant quarter glass after i posted-and thats why i refered to the pic-it looked like quarter glass was all the way up to lol-the top of the glass just looked like a shade from another vehicle-i see it now tho-shouldnt be difficult as long as no interior poroblems-just need to shave off studs in glass and throw in a properly bent track with weather stripping -easiest way to run it would be a linear actuator and a relay so it dont overpull up or down :cool:

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by Firefly@Feb 8 2010, 05:59 AM~16547182
I'm not talking about the rear window, I'm talking about the quarter windows  :happysad:

x2, it might look cool at a show but i'll bet that exhaust fumes come back in when youre riding. Also, due to the location of where the glass would have to slide down to, i don't think you'd be able to do it on a car with juice since the cylinders stick up into that area under the rear parcel shelf.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no i meant the back glass no hydralic set up no way

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the point is somthing diffrent

1 - 20 of 39 Posts