LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anything other than the 6 more pressure and having 1" less lift than an RE7 that I should know about?

ive been told 7s wont fit in the front of my galaxie, although im not so sure about taht...

so, may have to ride 6s instead of 7s...

comments on em?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
An air bag gives its best vibration isolation at a specific height that is given by the manufacturer. We usually think of this as the "Sweet Spot" where the car rides its best. This is HEIGHT dependent, not pressure dependant.
Larger bags usually have a larger weight capacity than smaller bags, so the larger bag lifts a car easier and takes less pressure to get to a specific ride height. The result is a nice soft ride that isolates the car from bumps and vibrations from the road. A smaller bag, will require more pressure to get the same car to that same ride height. The result is a slightly firmer ride, while still isolating vibration. Some pple like that firmer ride, and opt to go with the smaller bag. At that point, its just a matter of preference. As a result of the higher pressure requirement, playtime is usually sacrificed.

As a rule of thumb, I try to fit the largest bag in any application. I leave the 6's for the tight spots on the rear suspension of Fwd cars or for Rwd cars with independent suspensions. 7's and 8's for all my fullsize cars and trucks.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone ever done a 64 galaxie?

im being told by a homie that 7s wouldnt fit, but im damn sure they would with a lil trim... and i dont mind doin that

ive had 7s before, and they rode nice even with a big old nailhead and no shocks up front!

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
maybe jsut worried about the slower lift, and 1" less lift..

cant decide if i should go easy route and bolt in 6's, or trim and fit 7s

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Originally posted by touchdowntodd@Dec 29 2008, 04:57 PM~12553511
maybe jsut worried about the slower lift, and 1" less lift..

cant decide if i should go easy route and bolt in 6's, or trim and fit 7s

on a galaxy i say trim in the long run you will be happier

1 - 11 of 11 Posts