LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for replys from poeple who run more than 6 batteries straight to one pump and have made it somewhat reliable....

i can run 10 straight in a single pump hopper just fine, but i know it will smoke a solenoid before the days over. so who is doing what???? :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by dough916@Aug 13 2005, 08:02 PM~3612428
looking for replys from poeple who run more than 6 batteries straight to one pump and have made it somewhat reliable....

i can run 10 straight in a single pump hopper just fine, but i know it will smoke a solenoid before the days over.  so who is doing what???? :biggrin:
If you get some of the old Accurate solenoids they will hold up to it if you can HIT it right, the motor on the other hand will be dead real quick.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by KCRIVI71@Aug 13 2005, 08:29 PM~3612531
2 or 3 hd solenoids to that pump no probs
Waste of money, don't work any better just cost a whole lot more, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by yetti@Aug 13 2005, 07:08 PM~3612453
If you get some of the old Accurate solenoids they will hold up to it if you can HIT it right, the motor on the other hand will be dead real quick.
what do you think of the "accumax" that bought out accurate???

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by dough916@Aug 13 2005, 08:40 PM~3612596
what do you think of the "accumax" that bought out accurate???
Put them in a 64 but was only running 48 volts so the worked fine, have heard they won't handle more than 5 batteries.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I want to know if they have 24 volt motors? Take a look at a speaker, the more power you run to it, the louder it will be. But you cant run 600 watts to a 100 watt speaker, IT WILL BURN.

But now if you could keep the motor running at maybe 36 volts have all the oil build up in an accumilator and release it all at once. Thats the reason that (in my mind" airbags have overtook hydraulics in the dancing field "USA motorsports".

Dont get me wrong, i will be a gear head till the day im laid down.

Whats up Yetti???? :uh: :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by DOUBLE TROUBLE@Aug 13 2005, 09:16 PM~3612819
I want to know if they have 24 volt motors? Take a look at a speaker,  the more power you run to it, the louder it will be. But you cant run 600 watts to a 100 watt speaker, IT WILL BURN.

But now if you could keep the motor running at maybe 36 volts  have all the oil build up in an accumilator and release it all at once. Thats the reason that (in my mind" airbags have overtook hydraulics in the dancing field "USA motorsports".

Dont get me wrong, i will be a gear head till the day im laid down.

Whats up Yetti???? :uh:  :biggrin:
I'm sure they make one but don't know if it will work for what we are trying to do. Not much going on out here.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
IN OUR SINGLE PUMP WE RUN 10 BATTERIES WITH 6 SOLENOIDS.BUT U HAVE TO USE A GOOD MOTOR LIKE OLD SCHOOL PLUS FROM PRESTOLITE.DON'T TRY ON SACO MOTORS

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
120 volts, 3 old style accurate solenoids, presolite old school motor. works for me!

·
Registered
207 Posts
im going to talk to homie out here tomarrow, he works at this huge wire plant as a maint. tech/machinest. Hes a bad ass, hit em up about beefing up a motor or two maybe even build me a gear box for slow rpms. I cant hang riding around with 120 volts ready to break all my shit up.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
I ran 6 batts to the nose for one summer straight, never had one problem.
3 Accurate solenoids to the nose.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by nme1@Aug 14 2005, 04:57 AM~3613504
IN OUR SINGLE PUMP WE RUN 10 BATTERIES WITH 6 SOLENOIDS.BUT U HAVE TO USE A GOOD MOTOR LIKE OLD SCHOOL PLUS FROM PRESTOLITE.DON'T TRY ON SACO MOTORS
so your saying 120 volts on an old school plus ...

i was thinking a little more 96 volts on a chrome showtime motor (dont say saco) three feilds and a shunt...but after that goes getting some above mentioned motors

would you care to elaborate also what kinda pump head gear size your running ?

right now single 11gear @72 stock (cut down, broken in, package of hot dogs on lock up coils)

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Montey C@Aug 14 2005, 12:07 AM~3613825
120 volts, 3 old style accurate solenoids, presolite old school motor. works for me!
unless you show pics i won't belive that for a minute!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by badass 64@Aug 14 2005, 03:34 AM~3614399
I ran 6 batts to the nose for one summer straight, never had one problem.
3 Accurate solenoids to the nose.
allday long without any problems, i am talking about 8 batteries, thats when i run in to headachs.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by nme1@Aug 13 2005, 10:57 PM~3613504
thanks for the response. what kind of soleniod you runnin? i usally get what ever kragen has with a 2 year warrenty ( i haven't paid for one in years,lol)

i was talkin to the fork lift tech at work today and he has a 36v all metal (no plasitc china crap) looks just like a starter soleniod he says he wil hook me up with for $25 a pop, i think i will get a few and see what happens, bbuutt then i will have to runn my switches at at least 36V to operate them.

everybody keep the responses coming, thanks

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Originally posted by dough916@Aug 15 2005, 05:02 PM~3628856
unless you show pics i won't belive that for a minute!!!!!!!!!! :confused:  :confused:
I wouldn't post that up if it weren't true. I have to orange monte carlo. Watch this video and listen to the pump when I miss.. That ain't no 72 volts! I broke a bolt to my front cup, so i had to stop.

my car

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by Montey C@Aug 15 2005, 06:30 PM~3629431
I wouldn't post that up if it weren't true. I have to orange monte carlo. Watch this video and listen to the pump when I miss.. That ain't no 72 volts! I broke a bolt to my front cup, so i had to stop.

my car

thats a bad ass video just when i thought i seen it all what kind of set-up in the blazer single double how many batteries :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Originally posted by chato83@Aug 15 2005, 07:01 PM~3629627
thats a bad ass video just when i thought i seen it all what kind of set-up in the blazer single  double how many batteries  :biggrin:
The blazer is a double, i'm not sure on how many batteries... Thats how we do it here in the Philly/Baltimore/WDC area.. :biggrin:

G

·
we run sacos at 96 volts for quite sum time without any problems, on 4 accurates or motorcraft sw-3's and i dont remeber the last time i burnt up a noid

1 - 20 of 52 Posts