LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's done drop mounts and like it?

I dont mind giving up my standing 3 to be able to ride locked up or layed out but ive heard drop mounts can also mess sh** up on ur ride...?

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
i dont know why you'd say non-hoppers???? but my cars a hopper and i can drive locked up and layed out and can still sit a really nice 3.... n thats with 4-1/2" drop mounts

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by SPL Explorer@Jan 27 2010, 12:36 AM~16425492
Who's done drop mounts and like it?

I dont mind giving up my standing 3 to be able to ride locked up or layed out but ive heard drop mounts can also mess sh** up on ur ride...?
they dont mess shit up..all drop mounts do is relocated where ur upper trailing arms are located at...dropping them down allows you more cylinder travel with little to no pinion angle movement..depending on how low u dropped them...they dont mess anything up..who ever said they mess something up probably didnt install them correctly..cuz youve only changed where they mount at..still have stability to drive...now i wouldnt go driving locked up on the freeway..but i dont have any problems driving on the freeway at 65mph with the rear end up...just the car becomes unstable and sways in the rear cuz of the 10 batteries and for other obvious reasons

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Jan 27 2010, 01:46 AM~16426134
they dont mess shit up..all drop mounts do is relocated where ur upper trailing arms are located at...dropping them down allows you more cylinder travel with little to no pinion angle movement..depending on how low u dropped them...they dont mess anything up..who ever said they mess something up probably didnt install them correctly..cuz youve only changed where they mount at..still have stability to drive...now i wouldnt go driving locked up on the freeway..but i dont have any problems driving on the freeway at 65mph with the rear end up...just the car becomes unstable and sways in the rear cuz of the 10 batteries and for other obvious reasons
thats all that lead in the bumper :biggrin:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I said non hopper because my car is just a street cruiser. Not a hopper.

Well im going to buy a drive shaft with a slip and I was warned that if I do drop mounts I could run into some problems. I was just seeing what you guys thought.

·
Registered
856 Posts
i have a 5 in drop with upper and lower ajustables 3 pump 8 batt NON hopper for about 6 years with no problems and i drive mine everyday and on the freeway-- as long as it is done right you wont have any problems

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d@Jan 27 2010, 05:51 AM~16426474
thats all that lead in the bumper  :biggrin:

shit if there was lead in my bumper...it would work better...but ill stay a chipper till i can get it working without the lead

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Originally posted by bounce13@Jan 27 2010, 08:03 AM~16427124
i have a 5 in drop with upper and lower ajustables 3 pump 8 batt NON hopper for about 6 years with no problems and i drive mine everyday and on the freeway-- as long as it is done right you wont have any problems
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally posted by SPL Explorer@Jan 27 2010, 06:18 AM~16426513
I said non hopper because my car is just a street cruiser. Not a hopper.

Well im going to buy a drive shaft with a slip and I was warned that if I do drop mounts I could run into some problems. I was just seeing what you guys thought.
Who said you would have probs with drop mounts if you wana hold off no yours come by next weekend i an dropping mine prob 4 1/2 in. and dont listen to what you friend tells you keep your adjustables I will adjust them for you my car is workin perfect :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by lowrider_cutlass@Jan 27 2010, 03:16 AM~16426015
blah blah blah eh blah blah blah eh blah blah blah eh blah blah blah eh blah blah blah eh
whatever bitch

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Originally posted by biggeazy-e@Jan 31 2010, 12:08 PM~16467406
whatever bitch
keep running your mouth PUSSY! how's your 1991 dodge shadow treating you??? you gona make some drop-mounts for it???
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by lowrider_cutlass@Feb 2 2010, 03:43 PM~16489704
keep running your mouth PUSSY! how's your 1991 dodge shadow treating you??? you gona make some drop-mounts for it???
:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:
must feel great to talk shit from across the border, eh?

never knew canadians took the internet so seriously, must be tough

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by lowrider_cutlass@Feb 2 2010, 03:43 PM~16489704
ps

i'll drop these nuts on your chin, fool

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
must feel fucked up to have as many posts as you do on a lowrider site and still be driving a 91 dodge shadow... i got a new name for you, Mr. Shadow :biggrin:

·
jus chippin
3,772 Posts
Originally posted by lowrider_cutlass@Jan 27 2010, 01:16 AM~16426015
i dont know why you'd say non-hoppers???? but my cars a hopper and i can drive locked up and layed out and can still sit a really nice 3.... n thats with 4-1/2" drop mounts
same here i drive mine locked up or slamed the only thing i had to do was put a slip yoke

·
US Soldier Rider
525 Posts
i got A double pump monster 24 INCH CYLINDERS IN REAR full modified drop i drive 80 locked up in the ass on the freeway no problems

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by lowrider_cutlass@Feb 2 2010, 05:25 PM~16490738
must feel fucked up to have as many posts as you do on a lowrider site and still be driving a 91 dodge shadow... i got a new name for you, Mr. Shadow :biggrin:
thats a cute pet name, i feel like a mexican rapper... i'll call you canuck the mountie

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by lowrider_cutlass@Feb 3 2010, 03:09 AM~16496988
you fail
i still love you, sorry about the rash, who knew you could get that shit on your face?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts