·
Registered
8,504 Posts
try the champion to be post ;)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SO WHAT THE DEAL ON ROLLIN MALO AND ORGULLO?! R THEY SHOWIN IN VEGAS?!

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Originally posted by 53CHEVY'S@Sep 8 2005, 04:22 PM~3777333
For Best Bomb Truck.. Gilbert's Oldie 54.  BAD ASS!!!

that shit is bad ass...thats what i'm looking up to as i'm building my truck! simply clean!!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Originally posted by BAYTROKITA50@Sep 8 2005, 02:25 PM~3777359
that shit is bad ass...thats what i'm looking up to as i'm building my truck! simply clean!!
YUP!! Gilbert's Trokita came out Bad as hell and he will have a few more prizes by Vegas. Gilbert will take it.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Originally posted by 53CHEVY'S@Sep 8 2005, 02:29 PM~3777388
YUP!! Gilbert's Trokita came out Bad as hell and he will have a few more prizes by Vegas.  Gilbert will take it.

Oops! I meen SUPRISES not prizes.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Originally posted by 53CHEVY'S@Sep 8 2005, 04:29 PM~3777388
YUP!! Gilbert's Trokita came out Bad as hell and he will have a few more prizes by Vegas.  Gilbert will take it.
ya i heard its getting some more work done to it...its a bad ass truck and alot of the ideas i had in mind hes done some and once seeing them on a truck like that makes me want to jump on my truck !

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Originally posted by BAYTROKITA50@Sep 8 2005, 02:31 PM~3777403
ya i heard its getting some more work done to it...its a bad ass truck and alot of the ideas i had in mind hes done some and once seeing them on a truck like that makes me want to jump on my truck !
Yeah, I'd like to redo my truck too. Maybe next winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Originally posted by 53CHEVY'S@Sep 8 2005, 04:36 PM~3777437
Yeah, I'd like to redo my truck too.  Maybe next winter.
man stop trying to rub it in like you don't have a clean truck...thats nice right there..i seen your burban also..nice...i was going to go like what you have done lil OG look with rims but know decited since the frames almost off might as well just go all out....may take 3-4 years but ..the clean cars arn't built over night...you should know... you have one your self..or should i say two :0

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
how hard was it to drop that V8..are you using a mustang front end or camero? what about the rear leafs are they stock i know i got to change a lot but is it worth it? i love the stright 6 but hate the 4 speed on the floor i can only go 50 on the street...is there an upgrade kit for those old 4 speeds?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Originally posted by BAYTROKITA50@Sep 8 2005, 02:44 PM~3777502
man stop trying to rub it in like you don't have a clean truck...thats nice right there..i seen your burban also..nice...i was going to go like what you have done lil OG look with rims but know decited since the frames almost off might as well just go all out....may take 3-4 years but ..the clean cars arn't built over night...you should know... you have one your self..or should i say two :0
Thanks Homie! Seriously, I would like to take the body off the frame again and this time flip it out. That paint job was shot in 1990. It still looks cool, but sometimes I get the urge to do it over. But, thanks again for the compliment.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Originally posted by BAYTROKITA50@Sep 8 2005, 02:47 PM~3777527
how hard was it to drop that V8..are you using a mustang front end or camero? what about the rear leafs are they stock i know i got to change a lot but is it worth it? i love the stright 6 but hate the 4 speed on the floor i can only go 50 on the street...is there an upgrade kit for those old 4 speeds?
The V8 fits fine, you just have to modify the motor mounts and cut a little off the bottom of the fender well. The front end is off of a 73 Monte Carlo. The rear end is from a 65 Chevelle and I have a Turbo 400 Trans.

I have a 4 speed in my Suburban and I can only go about 65 MPH Max. The problem isnt the transmission, it is the rear end. I plan to change the rear end and put an open drive line in it.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Originally posted by 53CHEVY'S@Sep 8 2005, 05:00 PM~3777621
The V8 fits fine, you just have to modify the motor mounts and cut a little off the bottom of the fender well.  The front end is off of a 73 Monte Carlo.  The rear end is from a 65 Chevelle and I have a Turbo 400 Trans.

I have a 4 speed in my Suburban and I can only go about 65 MPH Max.  The problem isnt the transmission, it is the rear end.  I plan to change the rear end and put an open drive line in it.

so all i would have to do is get a rear end and use the old yoke thats goes in the tranny and make a drive line? what about one that comes off a 51 bel-air? any diffrence? i want to keep that 6 in there,,

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Originally posted by BAYTROKITA50@Sep 8 2005, 03:06 PM~3777672
so all i would have to do is get a rear end and use the old yoke thats goes in the tranny and make a drive line? what about one that comes off a 51 bel-air? any diffrence? i want to keep that 6 in there,,
Not sure yet, what the best rearend is to put in there. But a Bel Air should probably work.

·
BOSSMAN
16,339 Posts
Originally posted by 53CHEVY'S@Sep 8 2005, 02:53 PM~3777560
Thanks Homie!  Seriously, I would like to take the body off the frame again and this time flip it out.  That paint job was shot in 1990.  It still looks cool, but sometimes I get the urge to do it over.  But, thanks again for the compliment.
THAT TRUCK IS SICK....... IT IS THE BEST I SEEN IN SAN JOSE FOR A WHILE... MINE WILL BE DONE FOR FRISCO 2006

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
thats a firme truck, like the color and the body mods.

so what are the other contenders for vegas

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Originally posted by crenshaw magraw@Sep 8 2005, 05:38 PM~3778602
thats a firme truck, like the color and the body mods.

so what are the other contenders for vegas
alot of comp this year to bad im gonna miss the show

1 - 20 of 34 Posts