LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
sure....just won't be as fast. Plus you'd be reving it up real high if you wanted it to. Or gear it....

You could bolt it to run off a belt system, or make it bolt right onto the crankshaft.

It would be cool to do. You could run a industrial piston pump and create extreme flows and pressures......

Now the question is why doesn't anyone do it????????????

·
Banned
23,216 Posts
Originally posted by Lavish@Sep 20 2005, 11:59 AM~3850848
sure....just won't be as fast. Plus you'd be reving it up real high if you wanted it to. Or gear it....

You could bolt it to run off a belt system, or make it bolt right onto the crankshaft.

It would be cool to do. You could run a industrial piston pump and create extreme flows and pressures......

Now the question is why doesn't anyone do it????????????
too much work

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Too much work??? Who's afraid of work? LOL

It would be cool to make a dancer with a chevy 350...unbolt the tranny, and bolt up a huge hydraulic pump.... You could make it do some shit, if you could keep the engine running.....LOL

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Originally posted by Lavish@Sep 20 2005, 08:09 PM~3850893
Too much work??? Who's afraid of work? LOL

It would be cool to make a dancer with a chevy 350...unbolt the tranny, and bolt up a huge hydraulic pump.... You could make it do some shit, if you could keep the engine running.....LOL

:scrutinize:

·
Super Smasher
3,948 Posts
a looong time ago on a japenese site I saw a 48 chevy with a belt driven pump off the engine :0

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Just putting out some thoughts right off the top of my head.

The pump would be running at 100% duty constantly pumping fluid, in order for the pump to do anything decent it would have to be spinning at very high RPM's.

With the punp constantly spinning at a high RPM even with the dumps open the car still might not dump good because the pump would constantly be pumping, is that making sense?

Maybe if you hooked a clutch up between the motor and the pumphead....

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
I've seen cars with one pump powered from the engine's battery too. Not sure if that's what dude originally meant.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Sep 20 2005, 02:13 PM~3851339
I've seen cars with one pump powered from the engine's battery too.  Not sure if that's what dude originally meant.

I think he was talking about no batteries, just using the engine to drive the pump.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Originally posted by Joost....@Sep 20 2005, 02:15 PM~3851356
maybe if you set it up like powersteering is done  :dunno:
Thats how its been done before

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
the way to do it is very simple the pump only works when you hit the switch
and you need to to make any spencial mounting brackets
just need to modify already existing