LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is weird. Recently my windows get really fogged up when the heater goes on, nothing will avoid it...nothing will clear it. I can also smell antifreeze. The car has not overheated, the dummy lights do not turn on.

This morning I was on the freeway and turned the heater on, immediatly my windows began to fog up and I could see/taste a water mist coming from my heater. Also no heat or air condi. coming from vents or defrost, all coming only from floor vent.

I was kind of thinking this could be a heater core issue but have noticed no other symptoms. I would like to take the route of least resistance when dumping money into this one so if anyone has ideas please let me know.
:thumbsup:

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
thats weird, that just happened to me the other day as well... i just assumed it was the heater core...

·
Registered
16,329 Posts
Originally posted by DIRTYSANCHEZ423@Feb 8 2010, 06:47 PM~16552291
HEATER CORE FA SHO
x2 or 3!!! :biggrin: Dat shit happened to me a couple years ago...

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by DIRTYSANCHEZ423@Feb 8 2010, 04:47 PM~16552291
HEATER CORE FA SHO
:angry: :yessad:

Didnt want to bother you asking, I know you your a mechanic cause I seen some of your work...

:biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
fucking bullshit the fucking shit had to die on me when its 20 degrees outside :mad:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Originally posted by Cali-Stylz@Feb 8 2010, 06:32 PM~16552709
:angry:  :yessad: 
Didnt want to bother you asking, I know you your a mechanic cause I seen some of your work...

:biggrin:  :biggrin:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :nono: :biggrin:

·
Registered
512 Posts
ya sounds like a heater core and those symptoms arent just limited to 1 vehicle my 97 taurus is doin the same shit but after a few seconds the fog goes away

·
Registered
113 Posts
definitley the heater core, had an 83 coupe and even with it off still smelled like antifreeze and the fog wouldnt stop, shit sucked, car got totaled before i ever fixed it, so not sure how easy it is to change out

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by Cali-Stylz@Feb 8 2010, 06:32 PM~16552709

thats the best lookin jackstands ive ever seen!!! they sell those at harbor freight or sears??

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by coolbeans@Feb 17 2010, 03:46 PM~16641233
thats the best lookin jackstands ive ever seen!!! they sell those at harbor freight or sears??
:uh: :uh: :twak: dumbass

snap on or a mac truck only.. top'a the line shit, foo

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by biggeazy-e@Feb 17 2010, 03:58 PM~16642402
:uh:  :uh: :twak: dumbass
snap on or a mac truck only.. top'a the line shit, foo
:biggrin: good lookin out bro, have to flag down one of their trucks for that shit

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had the heater core replaced a couple weeks ago. Problem solved :biggrin: Guess I should take the disco ball and strobe light out now. :(

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Originally posted by Cali-Stylz@Feb 8 2010, 05:32 PM~16552709

this picture has to be from mexico,oh btw its your heater core,no coolant on the floor yet?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts