LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i roll with my car half up, i find that when i turn corners, the car tends to "lean" .....or naturally 'shift' to the oppisite side when i turn. is this because i have air in the lines? i thought i blead them, but maybe not compltetly.......

someone help me so i can roll half up with no issues. i have 1 pump, but if blead right, i didnt think this a problem.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'd go with the above...

If you have one pump, then I'm guessing you probably have a Front?rear system, maybe with a dump for the front and another for the back. This means your cylinders are 'tied' together at the front and the rear. Think of a ball on a see-saw, if you raise up on end, the ball with roll to the other coz there is nothing to stop it.

One dump per cylinder will fix this.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Originally posted by KREWL-TEE-2003@Sep 17 2005, 04:27 PM~3832808
ITS BECAUSE THE OIL IS SHIFTING FROM CYL TO CYL....YOU NEED 1 DUMP PER WHEEL TO FIX
perfect answer

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
yup single pump with 2 dumps, f and b, the oil shifts in the t's. I ran a single pump with 4 dumps plumbed (it looked like a NASA space rocket when it was done) and it worked fine. Shit I could even 3 wheel off a single puimp!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so if i run a 2nd pump; one for the front and one for the rear, this will fix the issue?

anyone?

thanks to everyone who helps.

peace

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i did run additional dumps, can anyone show me a few pics of the setup? i thought about this, but i have heard that it is too much stress on the pump doing this......? :confused:

i would like to go as inexpensive as possible while having F/B/pancake(/and possible see saw)

i have 2 dumps now and not sure how to plumb in the extra dumps. i know it would be cheaper, so any pics..........

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if i did run additional dumps, can anyone show me a few pics of the setup? i thought about this, but i have heard that it is too much stress on the pump doing this......? :confused:

i would like to go as inexpensive as possible while having F/B/pancake(/and possible see saw)

i have 2 dumps now and not sure how to plumb in the extra dumps. i know it would be cheaper, so any pics..........

Attachments

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Mine used to do it, I have one dump to the nose, but I changed my
3 1/2 ton springs for 4 1/2 chromes and that fucker stays perfectly even on every turn doesnt budge at all.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
You could fix it one of 2 ways... The right way to do it would be to add 1 dump per wheel, adding another pump will not necissarily fix it unless you add a dump per wheel. The other thing you could do is re-install the sway bar, or if it's in there already you could probably just replace the end-links. This is how I had my setup in my old buick for a while, but just be aware that this will cause you to go through end-links alot. (I guess at like $7.00 & 15 minutes fix, at a time it's not a big deal)

'79 LeSabre used to be hooked up that way originally
[attachmentid=280424]

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by BigPoppaPump@Sep 18 2005, 12:25 PM~3837752
You could fix it one of 2 ways...  The right way to do it would be to add 1 dump per wheel, adding another pump will not necissarily fix it unless you add a dump per wheel.  The other thing you could do is re-install the sway bar, or if it's in there already you could probably just replace the end-links.  This is how I had my setup in my old buick for a while, but just be aware that this will cause you to go through end-links alot.  (I guess at like $7.00 & 15 minutes fix, at a time it's not a big deal)

'79 LeSabre used to be hooked up that way originally
[attachmentid=280424]

nice, do you have any pics of the setup at that time? i have my sway bar in the front. so....

thanks

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Originally posted by sprgeo@Sep 18 2005, 08:44 PM~3839139
nice, do you have any pics of the setup at that time? i have my sway bar in the front. so....

thanks
How old are the end links?

·
Registered
249 Posts
here this help not very good but you should get the pic

Attachments

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
sway bar ...everytime :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by sprgeo@Sep 17 2005, 08:21 PM~3835399
so if i run a 2nd pump; one for the front and one for the rear, this will fix the issue?

anyone?

thanks to everyone who helps.
peace
If you plumbed in two more check valves and 2 more dumps that problem would be solved.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, so this is my thought, how does this look being put together? it adds 2 more dumps and one monster Parker check valve. let me know if this will work or what should i do different in the plumbing.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts