LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new set of 18" Lexani Krystals for my truck. I put them on at a friend's house, drove home, tightened the lugs, and on the highway this morning they had an insane speed-wobble. Anything over like 60-65 mph and my truck was shaking lake crazy. I've had rims with a speed wobble before but never this bad. It felt like the fukers were gunna fall off! The only thing I can think of is i used tuner lugs from my set of Konig's I had on there before. Would that make it wobble like that? Should i use regular lugs? Is it a balance problem? The guy i got them from is a good friend and he said they never wobbled like that for him. I'm lost... :dunno:
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Believe it or not, check your air pressure. It happened to me I had my back tires over inflated one time and they were shaking like a hooker on a cold night.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the problem is taken care of incase anyone was wondering. Turned out the wheels were never balanced... that was causing a lot of the wobble. Plus the adapters I was using were uneven and the wheel wasn't sitting level on them. Got the wheels balanced and got a new set of adapters and that solved a lot of the wobble.
Thanks for the help... keep it low :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts