LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wat up everyone im sorry if this a dumb question but im gonna start workin on my ride again and i need 2 know some things k first how come when i take apart my set up and fix somethin then but everythin back in it sparks like a bitch when i hit the first couple times? is there a way 2 prevent it 4rm doin this when i put my set up back 2gether? and my shit has been slammed for like 6 months with out raisin it up and now my front wheels are all butterflyin so do i need 2 extend the a arms or wat should i do? and the last thing is should i get new solenoids since they been sittin there 4 so long or is it alwright 2 keep em in? thx my lowrider homiez

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Its sparking from loose/bad connections.The wheels toe in because the a arm maxes out causing the bad camber,if you extend them you will correct this and take the pressure off of the ball joint when its locked up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
it sounds like you might have a bad switch, check your 12v make sure your not getting to much juice to the switch if your motor keeps running or sparking that might be it also check your ground, i'd go threw and rewire, hpoe that helps you any GOD BLESS....

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Go right to where the spark occurs. Start there

·
Registered
695 Posts
I un hook my batterys to charge individualy all the time.
when re hooking it all - and hittin the switches I NEVER EVER spark anywhere. somethin crazy is goin on in ur system
and I agree w redz - check where the sparks are happening first.
then back track up the wires to see where it could be coming from
and tighten it all up good. check for frayed wires and or something that could be grounding out where it aint suposed to be.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by switchhitta74@Feb 5 2010, 04:35 PM~16524157
wat up everyone im sorry if this a dumb question but im gonna start workin on my ride again and i need 2 know some things k first how come when i take apart my set up and fix somethin then but everythin back in it sparks like a bitch when i hit the first couple times? is there a way 2 prevent it 4rm doin this when i put my set up back 2gether? and my shit has been slammed for like 6 months with out raisin it up and now my front wheels are all butterflyin so do i need 2 extend the a arms or wat should i do? and the last thing is should i get new solenoids since they been sittin there 4 so long or is it alwright 2 keep em in? thx my lowrider homiez
where is ur ground connected at. More than likely ir problem is either a ground issue or loose connections. There no reason why u should replace the solenoids. If u haven't used the setup they aren't gonna go bad. Before u extend a arms try to find the reason for the suspension to change angle on the front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts