LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2 RF HE12s runnin off a punch [email protected] the speakers are 8 ohm independance.... and i had them bridged down to 4ohm stable (ran in parallel) the speakers are only 400 watts max, and 200RMS... i had 250 going to each...what is going on???... i know that the punch bass kills speakers... so i had it all the way down... but the gain was turned up 3/4 of the way... that shouldn't blow them should it...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well, you're sending the subs 50 more watts than they can handle, and you're probably also sending them a distorted signal. What's the output voltage of your head unit and the input sensitivity of your amplifier?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
if you have a built in crossover on the head unit and pluse on the am you might want to shut one of them off and mabe mess with you gain and etc...
like the guy above said it might be a distorted signal and mabe check your box for lekes(spelling) that might be an issue also

M

·
0 Posts
i'd be worried about 3/4 gain on your amp.

i'd imagine its clipping real bad, a little clipping is okay but a real badly squared signal (lots of clipping) gives amuch higher average power being delivered to your subs than the amp can produce = heat = distortion = burn't voice coils on your woofer

Paul

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by monza@Sep 18 2003, 12:55 PM
i'd be worried about 3/4 gain on your amp.

i'd imagine its clipping real bad, a little clipping is okay but a real badly squared signal (lots of clipping) gives amuch higher average power being delivered to your subs than the amp can produce = heat = distortion = burn't voice coils on your woofer

Paul
That was the best help that this guy got, oh yeah when was the last time that a speaker got independence.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by beatbox@Sep 18 2003, 02:16 AM
Well, you're sending the subs 50 more watts than they can handle, and you're probably also sending them a distorted signal. What's the output voltage of your head unit and the input sensitivity of your amplifier?
not to sure ... i think that the deck puts out 2.2voltz and i don't kno the sensativity

1 - 10 of 10 Posts