LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well Im almost finished with the dash cover so I figured Id start posting some pics and see what you all think so here they are

(remember its my first attempt at a dash)

the first few pics are what it looked like b4

pretty bad shape!!!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
overlayed the fleese

adding the fiber glass

shaping the speaker holes and the heater vents

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
overlaying the vinyl

started to glue the vinyl down and just checkin to see what the speaker covers will look like

all glued down and looking at the speaker covers again, just needs to be pulled tight and tacked to the back now, as well as the replacing of the heater vents

Ill post more as I go, Ill be pulling the rest of the dash to recolor it soon

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
you get that vinyl at the fabric store? looks like it. you need to get automotive or marine grade vinyl. that stuff will crack in no time. especially being on a dash. but other than that its looking good ;)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, I appreciate the support

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
good work..more then i would do ..im probably pulling my dash soon i bought another 1 in flawless condition. just going to dye it ..

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by DroptLinkin@Oct 29 2003, 03:06 PM
you get that vinyl at the fabric store? looks like it. you need to get automotive or marine grade vinyl. that stuff will crack in no time. especially being on a dash. but other than that its looking good ;)
i was wondering the same thing about the fabric....A-Run does that vinyl have a fuzzy backside to it?...regardless it doesnt look bad at all but if it is that kind be careful with leaving it in direct sunlight for any amount of time because i have seen that stuff crack and even worse melt once from the sun....

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin+Nov 3 2003, 10:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (enough_talkin @ Nov 3 2003, 10:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--DroptLinkin@Oct 29 2003, 03:06 PM
i was wondering the same thing about the fabric....A-Run does that vinyl have a fuzzy backside to it?...regardless it doesnt look bad at all but if it is that kind be careful with leaving it in direct sunlight for any amount of time because i have seen that stuff crack and even worse melt once from the sun....[/b][/quote]
from my understanding you dont want the fuzzy backing, you want marine grade stuff that does have that funny shit...hope im right cause i just bought a lot of marine vinyl

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix+Nov 4 2003, 04:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rollin low in a grand prix @ Nov 4 2003, 04:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2003, 10:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--DroptLinkin
@Oct 29 2003, 03:06 PM

i was wondering the same thing about the fabric....A-Run does that vinyl have a fuzzy backside to it?...regardless it doesnt look bad at all but if it is that kind be careful with leaving it in direct sunlight for any amount of time because i have seen that stuff crack and even worse melt once from the sun....
from my understanding you dont want the fuzzy backing, you want marine grade stuff that does have that funny shit...hope im right cause i just bought a lot of marine vinyl[/b][/quote]
yes you want the marine vinyl.....that fuzzy back stuff is garbage..i was saying his vinyl looked kind of like that fuzzy back...marine vinyl will last a long ass time

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this was my first attempt so I went the cheap way out and yes it does have the fuzzy back but it has served 2 purposes... 1 to fix the cracks so I dont have to see them when I drive and 2 to learn from, now I know what Im doing so I am confident enough to spend the extra money to do it right next time

thanks for all the help and input yall oh and were can you get the marine vinyl from?

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by A-Run@Nov 5 2003, 12:20 AM
this was my first attempt so I went the cheap way out and yes it does have the fuzzy back but it has served 2 purposes... 1 to fix the cracks so I dont have to see them when I drive and 2 to learn from, now I know what Im doing so I am confident enough to spend the extra money to do it right next time

thanks for all the help and input yall oh and were can you get the marine vinyl from?
yeah you learned from it....it will be fine for a while and whenever it shits the bed on you , you can always just redo it with the good stuff.....marine vinyl isnt hard to find...check around on the net searching marine grade vinyl....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts